toyota camry for sale

Guest guy scania

Guest guy scania

hi everyone i have a toyota camry for sale its in fantastic condition its had two owners from new and has a full service histroy i have serviced it since i,ve had it it runs great and never let me down i'm moving back to england for personal reasons

the car is white four door 2.2 petrol its a really good car , the air conditioning work fine as does everything else ,tyres are all good the spare is new . cost of car is $2500 ono please feel free to look on gumtree its on there too . the car is rego now till april

regards guy Scania

Edited by guy scania
removed phone No as per forum rules

I'd always be dubious about contacting someone offering an item for sale if it was their only post on the site. Doesn't inspire confidence.

No difference to buying anything off gumtree or a newspaper and the forum rules allow it, i'm sure our members are sensible enough to make their own judgements, however feel free to ignore the ad if it's not of interest to you.

NWM

Edited by noworriesmate

Guest Guest75
yhe only reason i only one post on this site is i only have one car to sell no other reason the car is in really good condition mate and it $2500 ono

Why not share a bit on this community forum???

Everyone has some advice of support to give!!!

May I remind members that the rules changed recently to allow new members and/or first post adverts to be made on the forum in the For Sale/Wanted section. They are doing nothing wrong in advertising in this section.

Anyone wishing to do so may advertise here. If you are not interested in the advert, pass it by as has been said above. Giving people the third degree for posting an advert on a new account or with only a few posts to there name is not acceptable.

Thanks in advance.

I'm inclined to agree with Tykes stance on this.An awful lot of new members here in Adelaide join just to sell something,and are never heard of again!Why don't they just post on Gumtree,or Ebay?PIA could potentially be over ran with these posts,and people who need genuine help and advice may well stop using this Forum.

Thanks in advance.

I'm inclined to agree with Tykes stance on this.An awful lot of new members here in Adelaide join just to sell something,and are never heard of again!Why don't they just post on Gumtree,or Ebay?PIA could potentially be over ran with these posts,and people who need genuine help and advice may well stop using this Forum.

Thanks in advance.

Advertising is allowed only in the For Sale / Wanted section. I don't see how that affects others areas of the forum in the least with regard to people posting about migration, education, news or any other areas.

And in this area of the forum I don't see it being over run with people signing up solely to advertise. Plenty of longer standing members are posting here.

I think it's good to embrace change, try new things and to try to keep up with the Internet as it progresses and adapt with how people use it and so on. I'm looking at admins new policy with a bigger picture viewpoint and try to see the positives to trying new things out and giving them a chance before writing them off. I'm still posting elsewhere round the forum and helping people where I can. This change hasn't put me off posting elsewhere here. Having first time ad posts from new members isn't an issue for me from a personal POV. As a mod, admin have okayed it and I don't have an issue with it so long as its within the rules for this area of the forum.

As I have said numerous times already, it doesn't bother Admin (me) so don't let it bother you. It doesn't affect the running of the forum as the posts made in this section do not show on the front page.

Maybe, just maybe if you stopped jumping on these new members they may continue to post. Now if you aren't wanting to buy this car lets move on to another section of the forum, there are plenty around.

So, there are no advantages for being a helpful, long time member then?

I just think you run the risk of turning away long time members in favour of spam...

What would you class as a long term member, someone who has been here from the start of the forum and made 20 posts or someone who has been a member for 1 month but made 200 posts.

As I have said I am happy for people to post in the classified section so if you have any further comments please pm me as any more on this thread will be deleted as off topic

Guest Chris_J

Just remember we were all new members once. Maybe set the rule so first post is an introduction...... However, not everyone on this site is a Pom in Adelaide, could well be Aussie in Adelaide. If they are only here to sell then fair enough maybe delete, but if here to read, learn and contribute then fair enough hence the first post intro.

Thanks in advance.

Really ! Come on sueoc give us guys a break, just because we choose not to post our life history or ask for help it doesn't mean we are not genuine members reading daily and soaking up the posts !

Firstly, apologies to the OP who's thread has been somewhat derailed.

As owner & administrator, I'll have the final word on this and this subject has rumbled on for far too long now.

In short, anyone regardless of length of membership or number of posts is allowed to post items for sale in the 'For Sale / Wanted' section of the forum. They are the rules and we've no plans to revise them.

A slightly longer version would be as follows.

It is of absolutely no detriment whatsoever to allow new members to post in 'For Sale/Wanted' Advertisements do not appear on the homepage of the website in 'Recent threads' and as such, do not detract or take up valuable real-estate. The homepage always features discussion threads, not classified ad posts.

Secondly, if someone actively chooses to go and browse the 'For Sale / Wanted' area of the forum, then once again, is is absolutely no detriment to them if they are presented with what they're looking for - ads.

Strangely enough, we've not had one member on any forum we operate, say they are leaving because the classifieds ads sub-forums feature lots of classified ads. On the contrary, many members enjoy perusing the classifieds and I dare say, many members have bought items which have caught their eye.

Finally, and most importantly, maybe, just maybe, some of the members who sign up as they've something to sell, might actually find that they want to stick around and post a bit on the forum (if they're not subject to petty digs, sarcasm, abuse and the like), just a thought.

If anyone would like to discuss any aspect of what is and isn't allowed then please feel free to PM me or if anyone would like to assist in shaping/revising forum rules periodically, then we're always looking to add to the moderator/admin team.

Cheers

Rob

Admin