Flying

Guest countdown1975

Guest countdown1975

Hi all,

I'm going to sound like a complete baby now but am really starting to panic now with the big day looming cos I absolutely hate flying :-( I used to love it - the take off being the best bit but the last few years I really hate it and cry (at my age!!!!). Is the flight really bad or does it go quick enough with all the films and stuff?????

I wish I could be knocked out like BA from the A-team but......

My Mum says I have to walk around and get my flight socks - I am so bad I normally sit in my seat the whole time on planes - the longest I have done for a while is 5hrs!!

Any advice.....

Thanks Vicki :-)

We came on the Airbus A380 from Heathrow to Singapore and tbh it does not feel like your on a plane, there is so much to watch, see and listen to there is alot to occupy your mind.

and it is that big you can get up and have walks around even up and down the spiral staircase at the rear of the plane.

Plus you get free drinkies which help also....

I'd get an aisle seat if your departure time is late in the evening or late afternoon cos the flights will be through the night. Not much to look at except the flashing lights on the wings and the occaisional light blob down below as you go over a city. You won't have to climb over anyone if you sit in the aisle seat so you can get upand down as much as like, but these days there seem to be a whole mob of people stretching their legs doing their anti DVT exercises in the galley/toilet areas....:biglaugh: Used to be people just snored in their seats.

Guest the4hopes

I had never flown before!!! I was really looking forward to it, and I really enjoyed it. I took three books to read, didn't read any! Watched about 20 mins of each film, couldn't concentrate! Just watched the map on the screen to see where we were. Also I couldn't sleep, I think I slept about an hour for the whole 2 flights! Loved every minute of it, and it really didn't seem to take as long as everybody said it would. Mind you I don't want to do it again for a long time! I'm happy where I am.

Laura

Hi

I'm the same, usually sit in my seat for the whole flight and because I don't like using the toilets. When we flew out on our reccie I had no choice but to nip to the loos several times. We flew out with Emirates on an evening flight which seemed to help me sleep. My OH couldn't sleep at all but kept himself busy by mithering the hostesses for drinks (he certainly got his monies worth). I watched loads of movies and didn't even get chance to read. The time did seem to go by quickly and it wasn't half as bad as I'd expected. It's been suggested taking herbal nightime stuff to help sleep but not sure if it works (although I will be giving it a go).

good luck

Tracey

Guest Lisado

As my hubby's grandad used to say "Go on as a passenger, get off as luggage!!" :biglaugh:

I'm dreading it as we have 2 wee ones to entertain - gonna be a long flight!

Guest Nick11

Flight sox are a must. I wore them last time and my ankles were great. I also hate flying - every sound I hear means the plane is going to crash and we're all going to die!!!!! Personally I have a few drinks before getting on a plane. Works for me.

Guest countdown1975
Flight sox are a must. I wore them last time and my ankles were great. I also hate flying - every sound I hear means the plane is going to crash and we're all going to die!!!!! Personally I have a few drinks before getting on a plane. Works for me.

Ha ha - I'm glad I'm not the only one - I'm exactly the same and if my ears don't pop I panic that the plane hasn't pressurised!

What are we like

Will take you up on the advice - thanks :-)

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hiya,

Same here, petrified of flying, but honestly, after about 5-6 hours you just chill out as you have no energy left to worry, that happened to me.

You also get used to it after that time.

I keep thinking the plane will plummet if I stomp around, so I walk on my tip toes, I'm mad really.

Best of luck with your move... not long now! :) xx

Try and treat it as the beginning of a holiday, sit back relax, have a few drinks, watch a movie or two.

I must admit I am not a great flyer either. A lot of entertainment systems have loads of different music channels as well. On one reent long haul I listened to every UK number 1 since the day I was born. That passed a lot of time and bought back a lot of memories too.

Andy

Guest Woody and Jane

hI FLYING is the worst thing in the World .., well worst than that is putting your baby doggies on the plane... what can i do ? I cry on take of and landing , I love a happy ending, i find a few drinks help with flights, so far my longest flight was from Manchester to California took hours.... I survived. xx Jane ( avoid philidelphia at all cost)