Containers back to the UK

soccer65

Guest wemadeit

Hi Steven,

We used White & Co to get here, and a 20ft container was about £3k all in. When it arrived here, the company who delivered it to our house was Kent Moving. This must be the 'partner' white & co use. They were excellent, but don't know costs, but you can ring for an approximate quote.

web address below.

http://kentmoving2.rtrk.com.au/?scid=20014&kw=624127

When are you off?

Cheers,

Tom

Guest Trakki

Thats such a shame, we have been lucky and the kids love it but they are younger. Maybe by bet year things will have settled. We will have to meet up a few more times before then anyway. Tell lisa to give me a bell anytime x x

Guest DianeJ

Hi Steve,

We arrived about the same time as you and are hoping that once we have had a full summer here things might be better. Kids are up and down at school, more from boredom than anything else, playing up something terrible. Last week with the bad weather was making plans in my head to go back too!

Diane

Guest DianeJ
Hi Diane, see u live over the road from us, do you ever go to the Cove pub in Hallett Cove, if you do go maybe we could all meet up for a drink one nite.

Hi Steve,

Not been yet ,do they let children in? We'll have to sort something out, maybe come to ours one weekend. OH has been working past couple of weekends but he's free after this one!

Diane

Hi We got back to the UK last week still waiting for our container to arrive back. We used Grace removals in Adelaide. We had quotes from Pickfords international and from Crown Removers. Most were very similar, we shopped around for insurance and Allanz were the cheapest with the best cover. Lots of people told us not to insure things however when we came out with Kent and some of our most precious heirlooms were smashed to bits.

Total costs with insurance are around $16,000 for a forty foot container with a packing service.

Guest mayjess

Hi we used Kent removals when we came back the UK from Adelaide, got about 3 quotes and they beat the other 2 by loads. How long have you been over there, kids adapt eventually, mine were 16 and 11 when we came home, youngest was the one that didnt settle, however on the week before we were flying back to the UK, she says to me `I could stay a yr or 2`:arghh: typical, she was the one who moaned constantly about missing home , this influences the parents to want to do whats best for them, but its not right to listen to them too much because they are having fun especially in the summer hols, down the beach with mates all the time etc, my eldest had the time of her life, hence why we want to come back , so think hard because its very expensive this ping ponging you know!!!

but good luck with it all, Ive been where you are mentally, its exhausting isnt it, pm me if you would like any advice or anything

Mayjess

Guest cunnah10

Hi we arrived back in the UK March 12th this year after arriving in Adelaide beginning of October last year....so i totally understand all the emotions you are going through!Like Mayess has said it is not easy being a ping ponger....take it from someone who has also done it!

Next April is a long way off AND maybe you will feel different as the months go by!

But Adelaide is not for everybody!

Sometime it takes coming back to the UK

Guest cunnah10
Hi we arrived back in the UK March 12th this year after arriving in Adelaide beginning of October last year....so i totally understand all the emotions you are going through!Like Mayess has said it is not easy being a ping ponger....take it from someone who has also done it!

Next April is a long way off AND maybe you will feel different as the months go by!

But Adelaide is not for everybody!

Sometime it takes coming back to the UK

computer playing up...sorry!! Meant to finish off by saying that it takes coming back to the UK for some people to appreciate Adelaide more than they did whilst they were there!There are pros & cons for living in the UK & Adelaide AND it is sooo hard trying to make the right decision as to what is best for you as a family!some people get it right first time BUT others take a few attempts before it works out for them!So good luck with whatever you decide!

We used GRACE REMOVALS back to the UK and they were really good.

Guest TC for short

For a 40' container with packing you're looking at $12-15k. Insurance for c$120k of effects will take $2500-5000k. Exact amount varies with the policy details - new for old, pairs/sets, antiques etc.

Good companies include Crown, Allied-Pickfords & Grace.

My advice would be to get half-a-dozen to come round & give you a quote & make sure you know what each includes. See if your wife's company has corporate relations with any particular firm as that could make a huge difference to the price.

Luck!

TC

Guest mayjess

Best insurance will we be Letton & percival Liverpool UK, can do it all online, extremely cheap, & I had no trouble with a recent claim.

#just do a few quotes before making a decision, hopefully it wont all come to this !!!!

Mayjess

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sam2500

Hi Lisa Steve and family.

Have pm'd you but not yet had reply.

Just wondering how you are doing and is life getting any easier?

Take care,

Sue David sam

Guest kangomik

you are going back before spending a summer here?

Why come to Aus if you don't want to experience that at least once?

You know how wet and cold winter is........ take time to find a summer