Shipping costs UK to Adelaide

Guest allie

Guest allie

Hi all

Im being a bit nosey and wondered how much everyone paid for shipping furniture etc? Im hoping to get some quotes this week but I wanted a rough figure of what to expect so that i dont get ripped off!!

We are looking to ship a king bed, two large sofas, massive tv some flat pack furniture and around 20 boxes. Also, do the sofas and bed need to be steam cleaned? I think i read that somewhere but im not sure....:goofy:

Hi Allie

sorry to get your hopes up on the first reply to your post, but we are in the same position. Start job end of August so will be looking into shipping costs very soon. I'll be interested to see the responces you get to this thread as i too have no idea about shipping costs and by your list our container will contain very much the same.

Good luck

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Guys

Can help you out a little bit here as we asked Anglo Pacific, Whites & Co, PSS, Pickfords and Atlantis for quotes last week. So far we have the following for a 20ft container from Merseyside to Port Adelaide,

Whites £3146

PSS - £3118

Anglo Pacific - £3849

Atlantis £3250 (never came round, just emailed quote)

Just waiting on Pickfords then we can barter and make a decision, although need to read all the small print first in case the 'cheapest' doesn't end up the dearest if you catch my drift?

Hope this helps for now :)

Guest kellyp

Hi

We used Crown Shipping, no problems. Cost £3000, 3 years ago. They came round and quoted after looking at our stuff. We shipped everything and would do exactly the same again if we had to, well worth it.

Kellly

Guest LOOBYLOO

We lived in Fife and used White & Co. It cost £2000 for 20ft container (Nov 08). We had to pay $340 to Australian company who delivered here. This was to cover customs etc. We were really pleased with the service and our container arrived sooner than expected. Only one broken vase (I might have packed that myself!).

Guest allie

Thanks everyone :) looks like we can expect to spend around £3000 - £4000 then....kinda what i thought! I will def check out all the companies mentioned and get as many quotes as i can before deciding. It is soooo expensive!! Im fast learning that there seems to be cost upon cost for absolutely everything!

Ah well it will be worth it once we are there :)

Guest rich

Ours was about 4k for a 20ft container collected from various locations but i wouldn't recommend the company we used as they couldn't give a monkey's backside about packing things with care and just wanted to do it fast... oh well you live you learn i guess!

rich

Guest rich
Hi Rich,

Sounds like you had a duff shipping co. but you fail to mention the name. It would be useful so we can all avoid them.

Cheers

I'd rather not on a public forum but happy to address by PM...

Guest Pies

Ours is in transit right now. 40 footer with Anglopac. Go with independent insurer (Letton and Percival - 1.6%ish) and barter big time - these guys know there is a recession on......

Guest thekings

We've been quoted £4100 for sole use of a 20 foot container, this includes them packing, collecting, loading, customs, shipping, delivery and unpacking etc the other end. Also includes crating and shipping of a motorcycle.

We've been quoted £4100 for sole use of a 20 foot container, this includes them packing, collecting, loading, customs, shipping, delivery and unpacking etc the other end. Also includes crating and shipping of a motorcycle.

Taking the peace of c**p over then are you!!! Lol, kidding mate, be great to see you on the road when you get here!!! If there is a delay for the bike to get here, i should have another spare one by then when house finished and i'm cashed up again.

Shaun

Guest Rob&SamThomas

We had a very full container for £3900 (including insurance) but be careful that you don't get caught out with insurance as this does add to the cost considerably. We used Pickfords and they were good in the UK, we are waiting for our container to arrive now. Make sure whoever you use explains the quote fully to you though.

Guest ben&sharon

We've a very full container leaving next Tuesday with Robinsons International. We've paid £3,770 plus insurance. I can't speak for their packing service yet, obviously, but the ground support has been fabulous so far - I've called our Move Manager about forty times this week with a whole range of questions, and she hasn't even flinched!!

Guest thekings
Taking the peace of c**p over then are you!!! Lol, kidding mate, be great to see you on the road when you get here!!! If there is a delay for the bike to get here, i should have another spare one by then when house finished and i'm cashed up again.

Shaun

Yep I'm bringing the Honda C90 over, a true classic, 90000 miles and still on the original oil :biglaugh:

Might have to take you up on your offer Shaun as it'll be 6-8 weeks delivery then road inspection and registration :)