• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: driving licence

Eddie Sankey

driving licence

Can anyone tell me how to transfer a uk driving licence to an australian one, also can you change a motorcycle one at the same time

Wersal Gummage
      Its all very easy.
      Just go into your local licensing office with plenty of ID pay your money and swap your UK one for a Ozzie one.
      Motorcycle can be changed at the same time, no problem, or if they're combined, your Driving license will have the letters added as they do in the UK.
      I think the Motorcycle letter is R.

the4hopes
      We went to the office at Marion, not sure where others are. Took about 20 mins for both of us, just a word of warning, you have your photo taken then aswell!!
      Laura

Wersal Gummage
      Quote Originally Posted by the4hopes View Post
      you have your photo taken then aswell!!
      Laura
      That's correct, I forgot about that. I used my Photo as my Avatar.;)

Title
      Liked
      240 times
      Rep
      Yup about 20 mins or so, but they will ask to see your passport with the visa stamp in it. And both parts of your driving licence from UK if you have the new style photocard. My bike one was done at the same time, they give you a wee scrap of paper to keep until they post out your photocard South Aussie one.

the4hopes
      Quote Originally Posted by Wersal Gummage View Post
      That's correct, I forgot about that. I used my Photo as my Avatar.;)
      I think you should have had your posh head on though! x

howie
      How much does it cost?

Title
      Liked
      132 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
      How much does it cost?
      We did ours on Monday and paid $150 each for five years - you can choose how many years to buy on a sliding scale. That was just car for me but the same price for car and bike for my husband.
      howie likes this.

Willowmead2

Tests required ??

I have been led to believe that you have to take a theory test before you can convert your UK driving Licence to an Australian one. Is this still the case ?? as it sounds from the thread that you just go into a Licencing office and pay to have it converted. We have our 176 Visas and are making the move on 4th September. If there is no theory test, that's one less hoop to jump through !!!!

simon from spain
      Sorry to stick nose into this thread but I also have a question about changing our driving license. We moved to Spain 5 years ago but still have our address from UK.

My question is did you have to show any ID with UK address to match address on the license?? or is it just proof of person ie Passport?

Cheers

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums