Doggie Travel

Guest CARMEN

Guest CARMEN

Hi!

I've Got Two Jack Russells Which I Want To Take To Aus And I Was Wondering Whether Anyone Out There Knew How Much It Would Cost To Fly Them?

:)

I've Already Sussed Out Quarantine Costs, And Acompanying Docs But Any Prices Or Recomendations For Travel Would Be Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks

Guest ste n sasha

hi, ;)

we are going on the 2 october, and taking our two boxers, we are paying aroud £6000,:mad: thats to fly them, quarentine in melbourne and for all medicals that they have to have.

• 1 month later...
Guest addison

Hi -

I know you are currently "on route" hope you had a good journey and that you settle in ok.

We are looking to start the whole visa process with a view to going to Adelaide! and we are currently trying to decide what we should do with our boxer! we have been quoted £2k shipping plus vets plus quarantine so probably end up about the £3k mark.

Please let us know how your'e boxers get on with the whole experience and indeed yourselves. Look forward to hearing from you

Guest ste n sasha

Hi addison,

We all arrived on the 4 october, The dogs are currently in melbourne, they seemed to couped very well with the flights,:)as for bringing the dogs we have done the right

thing we are in touch with quarentine every day and they are doing well:)

Good luck in what you decide if you need any info let me know:)I will try and help

Guest addison

Thanks for the reply.

Be good to hear what your first impressions are, and what area you are in. Its such a minefield as to know what to do, or where to go etc.

On a seperate note, my partner is a plumber/pipefitter which\he tells me is similar to gas fitter??? do you have to obtain a license before you can work?

Guest ste n sasha

Hi addison,

We are currently staying in paradise which is about 11KM from the city it is quite nice but we are looking to buy around flagstaff hill or aberfoyle park.

As for first impressions it is a lovely place, and we feel we have done the right thing:jiggy::jiggy:

With regards to the job you do need to be licensed my OH has got an appointment next week to sort his out, so then hopefully he can start work:jiggy:

Guest addison

Hi Sasha

Sounds like you have made the right move, I hope it will be the same for us, just need to save as much as we can now!

Especially if we bring the dog:unsure: my sister is hoping we don't cos she desperately wants her - but we will have to wait and see how far the money goes, I guess we could always come over then send for the dog once we are sorted... decisions, decisions.

Let us know how OH gets on with his appointment and I look forward to hearing how the dogs are and how you guys get on with everything!!

Good Luck with it all

:)

Guest Martin and Val

Ste n Sasha,

Hope all is going well.

Can you let us know how the dogs are doing please, and any other advise you can give us with getting them to OZ?

We are worried about accommodation when we arrive as we will obviously want to rent for a period of time prior to buying and with two dogs we may have problems, how are you dealing with this?

Cheers

Martin and Val :err:

Guest ste n sasha

Hi martin & val,

Yeah were doing very well thanks, slowly getting sorted.

Our dogs are doing very well. We used Air Pets which are based at Heathrow. I would reccomend them because they explained everything which was reassuring.

As for accomadation i would suggest you apply for OAA. We are currently in OAA which it allows pets which is one big relief.

Hope this helps & good luck. :D

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Ste and Sasha,

Many thanks for your reply. Do you mind saying what the costs were for the dogs complete all in including any other hidden fees etc?

Cheers

Martin and Val :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ste n sasha

Hi martin & val,

sorry I havent wrote back sooner been really busy,:goofy:

We paid £4000 to air pets about £400 in vets fees, and then quarentine fees which work out at about £600 and then we have just booked dog tainers to fly the dogs from melbourne to adelaide and they work out about £300, hope this helps:)

good luck

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Ste and Sasha,

Thank you very much for the update and prices it gives us a realistic figure to work with. Not long now and you will be getting them back, please let us know how they are.

Cheers

Martin and Val:D

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi All

We arrived a month ago now and our dog has remained in UK until we had settled. We are paying 700 flights price. Jabs cost 150 (shop around as our vet quoted 200 per test :arghh:) and then paying quarantine in Sydney. We have a cairn Terrier 11 months old so about the same size as a Jack Russell. We are using Animal couriers and Lesley has been a fountain of knowledge and very very very helpful. I think you said you had two. if i remember rightly they can travel in the same crate together.

Hope this helps

Jane

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Martin and Val

It's early for us to ask this question but can anybody tell us what the laws are regarding traveling with your dog in the car?

Do they need to be behind a grille in the back or anything like that?

Don't want to upset the :policeman: and get deported do we?

Thanks

Martin and Val

Hi Lynn & Peter,

My friend took her elderly dogs over 17 months ago. She said the dogs have had a new

lease of life.

This is what she said:-

http://www.airpets.co.uk/

It cost approx 3000 pounds for both, and that included everything from vets bills, Airpets costs, flights, quarantine costs (30 days at Melbourne) and fees with Jetpets (an aussie based company) who flew the dogs from Melbourne to Adelaide, and delivered them to the door.

Happy dog transporting

Lynne