Family hotels in Hong Kong for Stopover

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

Hello All

Im currently trying to book flights for March time with a stopover in Hong Kong. I have 3 children (ages 1,2 & 4) and im finding it a bit difficult finding hotels that will accomodate us all in 1 room.

Does anyone know any good sites, hotels that will accomodate 2 adults and 3 children in one room

Also any reccomendations on airlines????

So many things to do! Argh!!!!!!1

:arghh:

Greetings!

Had the same problem! We are leaving 23rd November also with 3 children and by emailing the hotel at the airport - we were offered a suite that would accommodate 5 for somewhere in the vicinity of £300! There is an off-site Marriott that allows 4 (I was thinking of smuggling 1) but I wasn't sure how close. We are only talking about 5 hours so will do what we did last time which is just stay in the terminal play area. We might fork out for the transit lounge (you can take a shower and there's a buffet included in the price) but it still not cheap. We were going to go through singapore and stay at their lovely transit hotel but we got our Cathay Pacific flights for £1800 for five of us one way and that's 3 adults and 2 children as our eldest is 12. Good luck!

Guest kangomik

to be honest your going to struggle, i found it hard to find one that would take two kids and two adults, and ended up booking through an american site because none of the british one would do it.

If i remember correctly it was the holiday inn, the one with the pool on the roof next to the main shopping road. Brilliant place, and the staff were excellent. Room booked for 2 pm, we arrived 7 am, they found us a room straight away and didn't charge a cent extra.

The problem is your completely shattered when you get there, and will be surprised how mentally tired you are after the emotional last few weeks before leaving.

I am sure where ever you pick will be brilliant, Singapore is a stunning city.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest davey72

We had a great time in Hong Kong and we stayed here for 4 nights

http://www.sino-hotels.com/Hong_Kong_Gold_Coast_Hotel/en/default.aspx

Brilliant family friendly hotel great for the kids, playground, 2 huge swimming pools, huge grounds. We booked a seaview granddeluxe room which had large kid safe balcony, two beds on huge king and one queen. sofa, table,tv and fridge for £80 a night, Hotel itself food and drink very expensive but dont worry big complex 2 mins from hotel on waterfront with numerous resturants, takeaways, supermarkets, stock up empy out hotel fridge and fill with your own. Sit on balcony when kids in bed and have a beer.

Cheap airport pick up, shuttle buses into downtown hong kong for £2 each way kids were free (aged 2 and 3)

We loved it was there for 4 days and could have stayed longer, get taxis as they are cheap £12 from Hotel to Disney.

Hotel is away out of downtown but only takes 20 mins on the hotel shuttle bus which runs every hour if you have kids it is great. Staff were brilliant and couldnt be more helpful and never batted and eyelid when I walked in with my take away from round the corner.

Guest davey72

Cathay Pacific, we paid £1600 for 2 adults and 2 kids one way both kids had seats

6.30pm from London arrived Hongkong 1.10pm (kids slept most of flight) stayed 4 days and left on the 11.35pm flight to Adelaide (kids slept most of this one as well) We found this to be most direct flight and the shortest flight time (could be wrong), 11 hours to hong kong and then 10 to adelaide, both night flights so the kids slept for the majority of the flight. Only direct flights to Adelaide are from Hong Kong or Sinapore I think (could be wrong) all the others will go via sydney or melbourne which just causes more grief even if they are cheaper as it means another take of and landing and getting of and back on the plane gain for the rest of the flight which is a no no personally with kids.