Procees for driving licence

Guest Ant1382 and kerry

Guest Ant1382 and kerry

My wife does not drive in England and will be coming out to Australia in July, what is the process for obtaining a licence, it it easy and straight forward, my wife is not the most confident.:huh:

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

She will have to take lessons like u would in the uk. When confident she can then take a normal test or do a log book. So there is no official test, she just has to work through all of her manoevers. Tell her not to worry.

P.s. Give us a message when you arrive, we are from newcastle upon tyne and it is always nice to help out fellow tynesiders.

does your wife have a provisional license in the uk?? if so bring it with you.

Basic rundown of gaining a full licence here is

Get learners handbook, learn all there is in there, go take a test similar to theory test in uk, once this test is passed, you then get your L's, you can then take driving lessons, you have to have your L's here for a min of 6 months and a day so if she has held a provisional in the uk, bring it with her, cos they will count time on a uk provisional against her L's here, i didnt bring mine and learnt to drive doing the log book, passed all that and still had 2 months before i could move up to P's until someone told me about the provisional from the uk, i got a copy from dvla and took that along as was able to use the time id had it along with the time on my L's here to proceed to my P's,you can either do the log book or take a test to gain your P's once you gain the P's you can then drive alone, with P plates displayed for one year, then you have to go sit a hazard perception test to proceed to your P2's, once this test is passed you then gain your P2 licence and can then drive alone without having to display P plates, then after another year of good driving you can then go obtain your full licence.All this is presuming u drive well and keep a clean licence cos you can at anytime go back a step if you are caught being a bad driver. more info on the website someone already posted:) im at the stage i gotta go take my hazzard test now, so i think that info is all correct but just check with the website to be certain:)

Dawn x

yeah, australians are crazy drivers. u have to have your wits about you. but you do get used to it in the end

My mrs went back to the yUK last year for a funeral and she drove her brothers car whilst she was there and she said that the drivers back on the Dark Saide are worst than the drivers over here in Adelaide.

HG

Guest Ant1382 and kerry

I should fit in really well undertaking and the rest!!!! The eife wil be at ease as over here its a nightmare to pass as she has'nt the greatest confidence.

Look forward to her taking the lessons.