Cheapest international removals?

Guest paulbrown85

Guest paulbrown85

Me, fiance and 2 young children are moving out to adelade in feb/march and are getting a couple of quotes on getting are stuff out there, just got one quote that was well over the odds, has anyone got any advice on cheap removals, its for a full households worth of belogings,

Thanks

Paul

:arghh::arghh:

hi have u enquired with PSS REMOVALS?;)

Me, fiance and 2 young children are moving out to adelade in feb/march and are getting a couple of quotes on getting are stuff out there, just got one quote that was well over the odds, has anyone got any advice on cheap removals, its for a full households worth of belogings,

Thanks

Paul

;):arghh:

Guest The Dimmocks

We using Pickfords. 20' container £3400. They packing over 2 full days and taking stuff to depot to put in container as road not big enough to take the whole container.

Guest paulbrown85

I've just spoke to pickfords, there phoning me back with a quote, cheers guys, i'm new to this as you can see, but will become a regular for sure, are there many meet ups that happen through poms in adelaide?

We arrive in Feb and the two cheapest quotes I received were from Pickfords and Doree Bonner. We used Pickfords as they were cheaper by £70 from the next cheapest quote Doree Bonner. I used Pickfords and they were excellent. I even had a good discussion about removals and Adelaide in general witht he company director and owner Kevin Pickford, the reason for this converstaion is that Doree Bonner were calling Pickfords a bad company etc. Honestly it was all lies. We got a 145Cuft shared container for the price of £750.00. With Pickfords they only use Pickfords even when in Adelaide as with other comapnies they use other alternative removal companies in Adelaide. Doree Bonner quoted us for a 142Cuft shared container for the price of £820.00. When you get quoted go back to the other companies and state that you have had cheaper quotes and you may be able to haggle with them. John Mason was the thrid cheapest they offered a 145Cuft shared container for £980.00.

To give you an idea of what we took for a 145Cuft shared container.

Total of 28 items - including the following:

King Size Bed Frame and Matress - Washing Machine - Tumble Dryer - Golf Clubs - 2 X LCD TV's - Hi-FI - Pictures - Towels - Bedding (Sheets & Covers) - 2 X Desktop Computers - Photos - X-Box & Games - Ornaments - Football Trophies - Photo's - Baking Trays - Pans - Cuterly - Glasses - Clothes for 4 Adults and 1 Child - Toys - Teddies.

They dropped off some boxes for us beofre they arrived and we started to pack ourselves, which we must of packed and taped up and jotted down what was in each box - about 14 boxes before they arrived. Pickfords removals were astonished because we had done this the service you pay for includes them packing. We just left them to dismantle our king size bed and let them pack the big items like pictures, pans, computers and TV's. The boxes look quite small but they are deceiving if you pack them right, you can get lots of stuff in them. Just remember to pack those easy breakable items inbetween your bedding and clothes and make sure any gaps in the boxer are filled with smaller items or paper, as long as there is no movement inside the boxes then I cannot see any breakages.

I know it may seem silly but I enjoyed the packing, it just adds to the excitement that you are on your way to Adelaide and the feeling that its getting nearer. We worked it out that our furniture arrived three weeks after we arrive in Adelaide. The only thing I wished I packed were the actual quilts/duvets and pillows.

Final thing is that the removal company need a forwarding address in Adelaide, which we could not provide due to not knowing where we will be living in Adelaide yet, well not until about two weeks before we land, we have applied for AOA. Lucky for us we have gained some good friends via this site whom we are going to meet up once we arrive and they let me put their address down for this purpose. Thanks again to that person!!!

I know I have rambled but I hope this helps those who are in the process of gaining removal quotes. Any further question just ask away. Good Luck to all.

AOA stands for Accommodation On Arrival because I am on the Skilled Migration Subclass 475 visa, which gives entitlement for you to apply for very cheap fully inclusive accommodation via SA Housing for upto 12 weeks. However the accommodation is very basic and on their so called council estates. You can only apply and they will let you know three weeks before you arrive if you have gained a suitable accommodation or not, its definitely not guaranteed.

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/migrate_from_overseas/on_arrival_services/on_arrival_public_accommodation.jsp

You are also entitled to their Meet & Greet Serice as well

www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/migrate_from_overseas/on_arrival_services/meet_and_greet_service.jsp