Cheao Flights to the UK?

Riponian

Wasn't there something about Air Asia flights with connections into Stansted coming out at around $1000? Might be worth a google of Air Asia, otherwise www.zuji.com.au or www.bestflights.com.au or www.jetabroad.co.uk are fairly good search agents.

Here's the Air Asia page: http://www.airasia.com/site/au/en/home.jsp - looks like it's Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur, then KL to Stansted. Probably need to do a bit of date juggling or find a good travel agent to do it for you.

Guest Guest5035
Wasn't there something about Air Asia flights with connections into Stansted coming out at around $1000? Might be worth a google of Air Asia, otherwise www.zuji.com.au or www.bestflights.com.au or www.jetabroad.co.uk are fairly good search agents.

Here's the Air Asia page: http://www.airasia.com/site/au/en/home.jsp - looks like it's Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur, then KL to Stansted. Probably need to do a bit of date juggling or find a good travel agent to do it for you.

Air Asia and Jetstar have joined together, and say they will do return flights from Melbourne for around $1000. Probably will not include drinks or meals as these 2 at the moment you have to pay, might have to pay for luggage,plus you have to get to Melbourne and back, plus there will be a overnight stay in KL.

Stevo

The Flight Centre media guy was on the radio last week saying you can get return flights to the UK now for $1800 INCLUDING taxes. That's the cheapest they have ever been. He also said they were the normal economy seats with meals, drinks etc. As the dollar is so strong the prices are falling.

I pais about $2900 (inc taxes) 5 years ago for an emergency return flight with less than 24 hours notice. The nearer the flight date the more it costs so it seems.

Oh and the Flight Centre guy said even if you are planning to go in a years time, if you book and pay in full at todays prices the airlines cannot then make you pay more even if the dollar falls, oil prices spike etc.

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Michelle,

We arrived on the 30th September 09 and my OH has been back to the UK twice so far and is going again on the 23rd of Jan. He has booked flights through the flight centre as he had looked on the internet and they can beat any quote or fly for free. Currently Etihad are the cheapest but you have to go via sydney. He is flying to Manchester so it depends on you UK stop. He paid around $1750 with only a few weeks notice but if you book in advance you can get it a lot cheaper. He goes back for business and luckily he hasn't had to pay.

Jen

Guest cafehag

Did you get anything yet?

I just booked with KLM using bestflights.com.au - Adelaide-Kuala Lumpur-Amsterdam-Glasgow return for $1834 in August.

For some reason one particular date was $700 cheaper than all the dates around it so I grabbed it.

Best I could find anyway.

Good luck.

Guest Guest5035
Did you get anything yet?

I just booked with KLM using bestflights.com.au - Adelaide-Kuala Lumpur-Amsterdam-Glasgow return for $1834 in August.

For some reason one particular date was $700 cheaper than all the dates around it so I grabbed it.

Best I could find anyway.

Good luck.

How many hours total travel overall in each direction. How many hours wait in KL

Stevo

Guest Guest5035

we used the same airline to KL a few weeks ago Malaysian and they were ok. on your way back in KL, hop on the train into the city and check out the towers, pretty awesome.

stevo