• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Flight Advice

Quote Originally Posted by TraceyT View Post
      I think we must be crazy, we are the daft ones going from Manchester & have the 18hr stopover in Singapore. We have decided to have a shopping trip into the city with the kids (13 & 15). We will sleep on the second leg for sure!

Tracey xx

Sounds ideal to me but not sure bout hubby tho lol or the boys either .... Oh well just me for shopping then

Hallett Cove Heights
      54 times
      Just the 6 hour stop over for us, just too impatient to get to Adelaide to want to stop over too long.
      Will probably look at staying over longer in the future when we fly back out to UK for a holiday.

1423 times
      Wes topped over in Changi for 16 hrs e flew in on the new A380 ( had to as i made parts for it )
      We had swims in the pool drinks at the bar and we did the free city tour which was amazing...we had 4 kids in tow and they never whinged abiout any of it !!!!

McLaren Flat
      22 times
      Quote Originally Posted by GaryP View Post
      Looking for some opinions and or advice from people that have made the move down under already. We are emigrating with our two young children in August this year. We have decided we want to fly with Singapore Airlines and will fly to Singapore and then on to Adelaide.

Should we arrange a stoppover for a night at Singapore or just try and get the latest flight into Singapore (which I think arrives at about 18:00), hang around for about 6 hours and get on our plane to Adelaide at 23:50 the same day ??

Basically we are not sure whether to go through the pain of hanging around at the airport for 6 hours but getting to Adelaide sooner or paying extra money to get two hotel rooms and try and get some sleep when the kids will probably be jetlagged and not tired anyway!

Anyone been in a similar situation and can offer some help ?

We stopped for 5 hours in Singapore on the way through to Adelaide last Feb...

There is a special lounge called Plaza Premier Lounge that you can pay, around 15 an adult to use. This gives you the opportunity to shower and freshen up. It also entitles you to a buffet table and drinks, eat as much as you like. We found it enough personally. There is also a bar(expensive wine). The seating is more comfy than normal airport seats so you could probably grab some sleep there. Check out the info on the Singapore Airline website. We did not travel with the kids but still intend to go straight through with them in June, they are 10 and 11 though...
      Hope this is of some use?

joolz x

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums