Singapore stopover

garyandelaine

After reading the previous post we have decided to take the stopover with having young kids, just a couple of questions - We have 176 PR visa, and have not validated. Can we still have the 40kg baggage allowance if doing the stopover? and what happens with your cases , I dont fancy dragging 160kg,s of baggage around singapore with us :nah:, cheers Gary..

Guest Here at last!

Hi

We did the stopover and had 40kg of baggage each.

We packed one bag for the stopover and the other bags we left in the airport, I think it cost around £20 for 2 days to leave it.

The left baggage areas are clearly signed and I think there are a few in each terminal.

Sonya

Yeah you can still take your 40kg. As Sonya says the left luggage at Singapore is great and you can ask for a porter to help you get your luggae there. We had 7 big bags I think nightmare trying to move that on 2 trolleys and the pushchair! But the porter helped.

We did the same had one bag with all our Singapore stuff in worked a treat.

Michelle

After reading the previous post we have decided to take the stopover with having young kids, just a couple of questions - We have 176 PR visa, and have not validated. Can we still have the 40kg baggage allowance if doing the stopover? and what happens with your cases , I dont fancy dragging 160kg,s of baggage around singapore with us :nah:, cheers Gary..

Hi Gary,

This is a copy of the email I received from Singapore airlines.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e-mail.

Kindly note that if you hold an unused/unstamped/unvalidated migrant visa that specifically states that you are permittedto remain in Australia Indefinitely, then you will be entitled to double baggage allowance (40 kilos, per passenger). This visa has to be used for the first time to enter into Australia, which will be verified on the day of your departure at check-in.

If you are not holding the correct visa mentioned above at check-in, then you will be entitled to the standard free checked baggage allowance of 20 kilos per passenger.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing no one single item of baggage exceeds 32 kilos in weight, due to health and safety requirement.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

Yours Sincerely,

Paige Brooks

SIA UK

You can leave your luggage at the airport.

Best wishes

Les