Tiger Airways - a revised opinion!!

Guest rachinadelaide

Guest rachinadelaide

We've flown with them before and I've never had a problem...... However....we flew back form Melbourne with them yesterday and it was a very irritating experience.

We got to the airport early so we could relax and have a nice meal and a glass of wine before flying but Tiger have their own terminal at Tullamarine Airport so instead of being in the nice, modern and spacious main terminal we were in some kind of shed with what seemed like 20 billion other people (many of whom had been delayed) sitting, laying and standing in whichever space they could find. There was 1 cafe/bar which sold out of food just after we bought our spinach and ricotta filos for $9.50 each!!! We managed to grab a table in the terminal (by buying the guy sitting at it a beer in exchange for invading his space!) and were then ordered back (by a very grouchy man) into the cafe/bar as it was the only place licensed...we were like sardines cramped into the tiny area in the bar. When our flight was called, there wasn't much room to queue so we waited until the end but the Sydney flight was also boarding through the same gate so we were all mixed up with those passengers and had to be a bit forceful to get in the queue as our flight was going first.

My husband then proceeded to almost give the girl next to us on the plane a minor heart attack as he waited until we were up in the air and then asked her 'what takes you to Sydney then?'

Another Sydney flight had been cancelled and the Perth flight was delayed for 5 hours so there were lots of hot, sweaty and annoyed people all in very close proximity!

Grrrrr - not flying Tiger from Melbourne again.

PS - actual flight was pleasant and on time!!!

Guest Zako999

My husband then proceeded to almost give the girl next to us on the plane a minor heart attack as he waited until we were up in the air and then asked her 'what takes you to Sydney then?'

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

We have just flown with Tiger to Sydney and back this weekend...and can't fault them at all! The flight left bang on time from Adelaide on Friday and again from Sydney on sunday....yeah there are no frills with them, thats for sure...but wouldnt except anything different when all I paid was $90 return per person...

Check-in took a while....big queue...but no different from other flights i have taken....Stood there listening to some whinging people behind me...going on about never flying with Tiger again because of the queue! But the queue was for 2 flights...which they separated out eventually.

The staff were friendly and polite....

I would definitley fly with Tiger again....all airlines have problems. In my job, I book alot of flights for staff...we use Virgin & Qantas...I have had staff stuck on a Qantas flight on the tarmac in Adelaide for hours...i have had staff stranded by Virgin in Perth on a Friday night, when the flight got cancelled....so it happens to them all!

We've flown with them before and I've never had a problem...... However....we flew back form Melbourne with them yesterday and it was a very irritating experience.

We got to the airport early so we could relax and have a nice meal and a glass of wine before flying but Tiger have their own terminal at Tullamarine Airport so instead of being in the nice, modern and spacious main terminal we were in some kind of shed with what seemed like 20 billion other people (many of whom had been delayed) sitting, laying and standing in whichever space they could find. There was 1 cafe/bar which sold out of food just after we bought our spinach and ricotta filos for $9.50 each!!! We managed to grab a table in the terminal (by buying the guy sitting at it a beer in exchange for invading his space!) and were then ordered back (by a very grouchy man) into the cafe/bar as it was the only place licensed...we were like sardines cramped into the tiny area in the bar. When our flight was called, there wasn't much room to queue so we waited until the end but the Sydney flight was also boarding through the same gate so we were all mixed up with those passengers and had to be a bit forceful to get in the queue as our flight was going first.

Another Sydney flight had been cancelled and the Perth flight was delayed for 5 hours so there were lots of hot, sweaty and annoyed people all in very close proximity!

Grrrrr - not flying Tiger from Melbourne again.

PS - actual flight was pleasant and on time!!!

Sounds like Heathrow.....

HG

Guest nishman

Just got this this morning, quite apt...

A guy is sitting in the bar in departures at a busy airport. A beautiful woman walks in and sits down at the table next to him. He decides because she's got a uniform on, she's probably an off-duty flight attendant.

So he decides to have a go at picking her up by identifying the airline she flies for, thereby impressing her greatly.

He leans across to her and says the Delta Airlines motto 'We love to fly and it shows'. The woman looks at him blankly. He sits back and thinks up another line.

He leans forward again and delivers the Air France motto 'Winning the hearts of the world'. Again she just stares at him with a slightly puzzled look on her face.

Undeterred , he tries again, this time saying the Malaysian Airlines motto 'Going beyond expectations'.

The woman looks at him sternly and says 'What the f**k do you want?'

'Ah!' he says, sitting back with a smile on his face. 'Tiger'.