Reccie in May

Guest Smudge

Guest Smudge

Hi there can anyone help with what's the best Airline to use please.:unsure: We are looking to come over on a reccie in May. Any other advice on things we should do, places to go would be great.

We are leaving the kids behind with my Bestest Mates in the whole world lol so we can live it up :biglaugh: No not really we are doin a reccie for them too!!!!

Oh where to start, we have 8 kids between us:arghh: So will need to be looking at schools and kindy too!!! We have been lookin around the Northern Subs so advice on this area would be good too.:P

Thanks Kathy

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday mate.

Which part of Plymouth are ya from ?? im from across the water.

To be honest with ya, the northern subs are cheaper but are quite swillyish as well in a lot of areas so try looking down south as well.

Hi there Kathy,

Singapore airlines are the best! Have flown with them myself and they really are tops.

Can't help you with the northern suburbs....we stay in the scenic South! The suburbs can be a contentious issue!

The main tourist info office is in King Willian Street in Adelaide. You can get loads of stuff fom them.

Enjoy your visit!

Tamara

Guest Guest5035

Oh where to start, we have 8 kids between us:arghh:

We have been lookin around the Northern Subs so advice on this area would be good too.:P

8 kids.........................Elizabeth.......................:)

stevo

To be honest with ya, the northern subs are cheaper but are quite swillyish as well in a lot of areas so try looking down south as well.

ahhh good old swilly ....:err:

Sorry cant give advice on northern suburbs but busdrivers comment just made me laugh and think of home .......when you come over can you slip a ivor dewdneys in your suitcase lol ..

Have a good trip

Jo:wubclub:

Guest MarkIngram
8 kids.........................Elizabeth.......................:)

stevo

you joker Stevo.....don't go to Elizabeth....it's a hole....Union St in Plymouth during the 80's on a Friday/Sat night had less action than Elizabeth.....

Personally I like the south of the city....

definately go with Singapore Airlines...fantastic with the kids and really friendly staff....couldn't fault them at all.

Guest chelleron

HI we are just a week home from our reccie, we flew with BA on way out and quantas on the way home in my opinion BA was better, quantas ran out of one of the choices for the main meal, unfortunatley the one left was the one my boy didnt like so therefore he had no meal, no offer of anything else was made and no apology given :arghh:

To be honest with ya, the northern subs are cheaper but are quite swillyish as well in a lot of areas so try looking down south as well.[/quote

Yawn yawn... another generalisation from someone who has no idea what they're talking about!

There are one or two suburbs to avoid in the North, but just as many grotty ones in the south. Don't let someone's opinion based on hearsay rather than knowledge put you off.

Guest cornish Busdriver

LOL LOL LOL Diane.

Yeah yer right i dont live north only drive public transport there so probally get around more and see more things than most people around northern areas.

Guest kangomik

:wubclub: before this turns into a "where i live" debate, take time out to travel north, south, east, and west. Stop and have a look at thiings, see what suits you. Then decide where "YOU want to live"

There's no terrible areas on the whole, you wouldn't listen to people you don't know in blighty telling you where to live in the next town, let alone strangers on here giving examples of their experiences driving around.

Come have some fun, see the wild life, then go to the animal parks to see the natives. Have a good look at schools and locations and access to them, especially if you have a 5 a side soccer team of them (reserves to boot):biglaugh:

Also have a look at what the kids are into, and if that fits into the area where you may settle. We travel 25 mins for soccer for the boy, but thats each way and twice a week training then the matches on a weekend can add a 40 ins each way. We don't mind the people are excellent, but with your tribe this could mean more fuel money that sleep time!

A lot will depend on your job location, if you don't want to commute. If you want the sea then your west based, if you like the hills your east based.

Have fun when your here, if you get lost or bored drop us a pm and we can maybe meet up.:)

Guest vicbob

Just got back yesterday and have to say that Singapore airlines were great. If you can get in the economy section upstairs on the A380 its worth it as the cabin is smaller and only 2-4-2 config' which is sooooo much better than the 3-4-3 downstairs or on most other airlines. Singapore airport is also fantastic, book yourself a transit hotel for a few hours, best £60 we spent on the way out before our connecting flight to Adelaide. Came back direct from Sydney, but the flight was bearable. If you have to be enclosed in a metal cylinder for 20+ hours in economy ( and lets face it must of us do), then i dont think you can get better.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest willfam

There has always been a north / south "war" in Adelaide !!!! and probably always will be. The southern suburbs are either on the beaches or close to them. The northern suburbs tend to be slightly hotter and dryer than the south. On the nightly news they will give the temp for Elizabeth (I think) and Noarlunga and in summer there is usually a few degrees difference. I think the south appeals more to poms because of the beaches. There is a huge pommie influx in Aldinga and Seaford and everyone seems to be building!! Which is great for those of us who rely on building for our income. :)

There has always been a north / south "war" in Adelaide !!!! and probably always will be. The southern suburbs are either on the beaches or close to them. The northern suburbs tend to be slightly hotter and dryer than the south. On the nightly news they will give the temp for Elizabeth (I think) and Noarlunga and in summer there is usually a few degrees difference. I think the south appeals more to poms because of the beaches. There is a huge pommie influx in Aldinga and Seaford and everyone seems to be building!! Which is great for those of us who rely on building for our income. :)

Actually in Adelaide, apart from on ex-pats sites, it's an East-West 'war', and the beaches are on the WEST (North and South West that is!) - but historically the Eastern suburbs were those where people with money (at the time) chose to settle, and going back 30 years or so, no-one particularly wanted to live on the West, which is how many canny Italians and Greeks at the time were able to buy up beachside land at relatively cheap prices.

Yes, it is slightly warmer the further north you go - we're in the southern hemisphere and that's how it works here! When in the UK, we used to go South for our holidays for warmer weather. Do that here and you'd be in the Antarctic!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AreWeThereYet?
HI we are just a week home from our reccie, we flew with BA on way out and quantas on the way home in my opinion BA was better, quantas ran out of one of the choices for the main meal, unfortunatley the one left was the one my boy didnt like so therefore he had no meal, no offer of anything else was made and no apology given :arghh:

Top tip on airline food. Book vegetarian or special meals if you can. Get served first usually and they are unlikley to give it to someone else. :idea:

Gavin