Anyone shipped over golf clubs?

Guest emmaandlee

Guest emmaandlee

Has anyone shipped over golf clubs?

Forget furniture, or anything like that - my other half is obsessed by ensuring that he has his clubs, bag, golf balls....etc:nah:

I know that customs will inspect them, but what sort of inspection costs will be involved?

We are looking at shipping a few boxes over of personal bits and bob...plus the clubs!

Thanks,

Emma

Guest Admar72

Hi Emma

I am also shipping small items INCLUDING (CLUBS) I am using pickfords and they said to clean them and they will deal with customs for my 30 boxes and two sets of clubs and elec trolley. Cost £760 plus around about £100 for customs and 2.5% of value of items shipped for insurance cover. I hope this helps and if your oh wants to meet up for a game when in Adelaide just drop me a pm

Adam

Were also moving with Pickfords. Funnily enough I used to work with them until May last year. It was my job to handle international moves, door to door, I did this day in day out for 9 years!!

very important advice. Customs will check items that have been outside and Christmas decs. They want to see gleaming clean items. This includes golf clubs, shoes, garden furniture, children's toys, etc...

If they are not cleaned they will then fumigate and steam clean. This can be very expensive, as they can seize your container whether it is full or part used. The container will then be subject to high quay port charges.

Sometimes it made me feel like it was just another way to get money out of my customers and of course these charges are not built into your removal costs.

I laugh as I worked with Pickfords for 9 years, and hubbies employers have asked Pickfords to handle our move.

Hope this has helped

Prema

Hiya,

I brought over my fishing stuff (minus nets) and golf clubs. I cleaned them and then doused them in Jeyes Fluid. I wanted the customs people to get a good waft when they opened the bag.

Neither were looked at, despite the box with fishing stuff being well labelled.

If you fancy a hack about then I am your man. Terrible golfer!

Nick

Guest KevnCarol

Hi, we shipped over some golf clubs and cart, no issues but I cleaned them so they looked as new,make sure you empty the bag and make sure the balls are clean, basically no traces of dirt or expect to pay to have them cleaned.

Our stuff arrived Dec 09.

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone,

I'll get them cleaned and boxed up!

Emma

Not fancy bringing them on the plane? We brought both our bags and it cost nothing on the planes.

Make sure you take the cleats out and clean thoroughly. Your bag, Jeyes is good as mentioned but hang your bag upside down and make sure you get any grass etc out.

Cooler

• 4 weeks later...