anyone flew uk via hong kong then to adelaide

Guest willow1234

Guest willow1234

can anyone enlight me on the flight please....we are flying with cathay pacific via hong kong with 2 teenages ooow we have a 6hr stop in hong kong.

Guest thekings

We are also considering flying Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong ad was thinking of a stopover if its recommended. Would be interested in peoples comments.

Guest guest569

my mum did this flight last October. She says it was fantastic !!! bearing in mind she's 75 in a wheel chair and is so scared of flying she had to get heavily sedated by her GP before getting on the plane and for her to say " she enjoyed it !!!" , they must be good !!!:notworthy:

Guest needtogonow
can anyone enlight me on the flight please....we are flying with cathay pacific via hong kong with 2 teenages ooow we have a 6hr stop in hong kong.

Doing this exact same route and stop over on Monday, also with two teenagers :chatterbox: so will let you know how it goes.

Bex

Guest Damien

WE did this route two weeks ago. Only had a 2 hour stop in HK. The flight was great, there's all the usual films, tv, loads of music and games on the screens. It kept our 8 and 4 year olds entertained so much they didn't ask for their Nintendo DS once!

Oh yeah, btw we actually flew in to Melbourne, stayed there overnight and got the Overland train the next day. The train trip was fantastic, really cheap and let us see loads of the bush, Murray river and Adelaide Hills - the mrs spotted a koala in a gum tree! Just make sure your taxi is gonna arrive early to get to the station.

Damo

Guest shella_n

Hi

We are thinking abot doing this route as Cathay PAcific are so cheap at the momen. We have a 3 and 5 year old so are thinking on stopping over for a day or to - anyone done this and got any reccommendations on things to do or places to stay?

Our other alternative is Singaport Airline but we have been to Singapore before and already seen all the sights.

Michelle

Guest Carolandcraig

We did the same flight in January, cannot fault the service of the staff, but im my opinion the new type seats are awful,l they dont recline but slide foward very strange, you have to have sat in them to know what im going on about.

Guest bev_stef

We flew with them in Sep with 2 v-active boys took the 6ish flight from London, they slept then at normal bedtime to wake up not far out from HK, week at the Disney Hotel, including seeing the sights in the city then on to Adelaide.

Guest TC for short

We stop on HKG most times betwenn UK & Oz, but spend a few days in HKG. Partly to recharge & partly because I still have a lot of family there. It's a terriffic place, but the airport (CLK) is about 45 mins from Central/HK Island, so unless you have a lot of time it may not be worth the stress. However a lot nearer is Disneyland Hong Kong (Discovery Bay) which although small is a very pleasant day /few hours out. Also worth doing is a trip to the massive Buddha statue which you can see (on clear day!) from the a/c.

Guest familygood

We did this flight in Jan with a 2 yr old and me 5 months pregnant. I wouldnt reccomend it if you like to be comfortable!! The staff were great and no delays or anything but the seats were killers.. The first flight was pretty good but the second was packed and got no sleep at all.. Singapore for us next time!!