Flight Assistance???

mydearboy

Hi Guy

Searched the forum couldn’t find anything at all, so sorry if posted before?!

Right, i am trying to get my Mother out to australia for a holiday in december(we get there in may) she is hard of hearing and very very ditsy (i mean seriously ditsy) she came to visit me by train in swindon and ended up in coventry!!!!!

So my question is, can she have any assistance? she could be put through customs by family and collected in adelaide by me, the trouble being deparure at heathrow (after clearing customs) and transfer say in singapore/KL etc. Anyone have any advice?

Cheers!

Darren, Lisa & Lola

Guest suttons

not sure if this helps but we booked our flights with from the Flight Centre in the UK with 'family assistance; (2 aduts, 3 children) one of the air crew met us off the plane at Hong Kong, took us to front of queue, had our boarding cards swiped through machine and then sent straight upstairs to transfers, all we had to do was keep an eye on the screens for when the gate opened in a few hours (for the flight to Adelaide)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AreWeThereYet?

You should be able to square that with any airline. they will do it for un-mins (unaccompanied minors) must be able to do it for un-oldies.:)

I have worked at airports in the UK and Europe and seen lots of folks being looked after.

Gavin

I'd be speaking to the UK booking number of your airline to make 100% sure.

Yes they can do it as my mother came out here and was assisted at each airport - the only problem was she was wheeled out at Adelaide Airport in a wheelchair which she thought she was too young for - saved waiting in all the queues though. That was a few years ago and it was Qantas and British Airways flight and they did a great job of it. Hope that helps

Jenny