Declaring items less than 12 months old???

Cannons

Hi, we have booked our shippers and have just received an Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement form to fill in. One of the sections asks you to list any items less than 12 months old and state price in $!!? I am expecting a baby in October so we have stocked up on everything we need some of which we have taken out of original packaging but we have a couple of boxes of nappies, wipes, sterilizers and bottles still boxed, cot mobile, play mat and the main thing a new pram and carrycot. Do I have to declare all these things or could I just put the pram? I could always take the other stuff out their boxes. Oh and the cot mattress is in polythene and I would rather keep it in that so maybe we should put that down?

Help please :arghh:.

Jo xx

Guest mez10

Jo,

We came over in April and I put loads down on the sheet, but in brackets I put Birthday or Xmas presents. Just put down leaving presents etc.

We get the Container today and it all passed Customs without any problems.

We packed loads of gear in Vac Pacs but the shipping company advised us not to keep anything wrapped in polythene, they said it would 'sweat' and go mouldy on the trip over. The Container will get really hot when it passes the Equator.

Good Luck

Darren, Janet & Kids

Guest The Dimmocks

We brought a new double pushchair over as our old one is on its last legs, didnt declare it and had various other things that were new which we never declared, including a flat packed bed still in original box that just got put in container as it was.

Good luck

Michelle

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie Pat's other half here

As I recall from when we came over - nov 08 - you each get a duty free allowance anyway. Was it $900 each? Check out the level of the allowance and you can probably relax.