airfares- special rates for migrants ??

Guest dittydotty1

Guest dittydotty1

:err: Hi , does anyone know anything about migrant airfare deals, just spoken to quantas who told me their migrant deal is actually more expensive than a regular one way ticket because of the extra baggage allowance, is this right and are all the airlines the same. real confused , just sold house and need to complete sale in 6 weeks so am reaching panic stations here, any help much appreciated

thanks the gascoigne family

amanda, jason, daisy and george

Guest Guest75

I've never heard of a special migrant rate apart from some airlines will allow double luggage allowance.

I think it is still offered by Singapore Airlines.

We spoke to the flight centre and they sorted us out a good deal with Singapore Airlines.

You get a night in Singapore with the deal.

We flew Manchester London Singapore Adelaide because i wanted to fly on the A380.

It was the same price as Manchester Singapore Adelaide.

Hope its of some use....Rob

Hi

Back in March we were quoted £450 for a migrant fare with Qantas for anytime up until the end of June (it was £520 on internet). When we tried to book at beginning of May they said they only had migrant fares for £930 ish- it was only £525 on internet - they wanted to charge over £400 extra so we could take extra baggage allowance. I rang Cathay & was told they didn't do migrant fares (maybe I was misinformed). BA was £505 and they only charge £32 for an extra 23kg & their hand luggage is unlimited as long as you can lift the case into the overhead lockers. This worked out the best deal but due them striking & our visas having to be validated by 24 June we couldn't take the risk of delays so ended up with Singapore airlines, 40kg of luggage & a 13 hr wait at the airport - £589.

Tracey

Guest dittydotty1

thanks everyone thats cleared things up a bit for me, so basically shop around

fab to think there people out there who have been through it and are wiling to share their experience with us

We spoke to the flight centre and they sorted us out a good deal with Singapore Airlines.

You get a night in Singapore with the deal.

We flew Manchester London Singapore Adelaide because i wanted to fly on the A380.

It was the same price as Manchester Singapore Adelaide.

Hope its of some use....Rob

We too flew on the A380 and what a way to fly:)......i made parts for it back in the Wetlands....

HG

Guest BenJay

I used IOM - International Organisation of Migration agency. They offer so called concession fares to those who migrate to Australia. The fares are a bit lower than these on the internet and offer more flexible itinerary.

I am going to Adelaide in September on 175VE and the IOM helped me in organising the flights and extra luggage allowance (30kg total per person) for lower price.

Please have a look at their website: IOM - Concession Fares

I have found them very helpful and professional and can recommend them to others.