No claims entitlement from overseas..

Guest mandmick

Guest mandmick

:arghh:We have been told we can't use our no claims bonus entitlement from Dubai, so are new car insurance will be double the cost:arghh:! as we're classified with a first time driver, after over 20 years of driving and no claims!

I am about to go through the phone book to ask other insurance companies, just thought I'd ask if anyone else had experienced this?

They will accpet UK no claims, within the last 12 months but we haven't lived in the UK for 15 years!!

Guest mandmick

All sorted now as managed to find a company who use the number of years you have held a licence and the number of accidents, so we're back up to full no claims, which is rating number 1- or 65%.

Thanks anyhow

(It was budget direct we tried, but to be honest the quote was still very high compared to others.. we went with SGIC in the end, it was a third of the pirce of most quotes!)

Guest Fulwood

We brought proof of our no claims and the first insurance company simply said "Not interested and we quote on your risk". We then got a quote from Virgin (I think!) and they took our no-claims on board and cut the first quote in half.

Guest WhatNow?

RAA asked me to email them a copy of my no claims entitlement letter I got from the Uk when I signed off there and they used that as proof of no claims but were happyn to quote on the basis of what I told them.

Guest kangomik

Gina and Alan most do - give Allianz a go. I just had to renew mine and no one could get within a 100 dollars of em!

Check the excess and wind screen cover. match apples for Apples mate