Shipping Times - How Long?

Cannons

Hi Everyone,

Our goods are going via a shared container and were collected on 24th June and held in storage until our sale went through and we could pay. We have now paid (9/7/10) but our goods are still here. I am getting quite anxious as we fly out on the 3 August and have a furnished rental until 26 September, so we only have 10 weeks for our goods to leave the UK get to Adelaide and clear customs until we will be in our long term rental with no furniture etc.

How long has everyones goods taken to arrive once leaving the UK (including clearing customs)?

Thanks

Jo x

Guest kangomik

The joys of a shared container i am affraid, they will not ship it untill its shunted or full. Shunted being a tail end fill.

Shipping time can be 5 weeks to 12 weeks, depending again on where the shared shipment goes, and where abouts on the boat the container sits. Some docks cannot take all containers in one go so the ship carrys on and then returns to unload the rest:arghh:

Not great news i know, but it's been a while since people have had some shipping horror stories.

The plus side?

It is great once it all arrives;) ( did you get insurance?)

Kangomik,

Thanks for that.

Yes we have insurance. I keep getting told that they have other consignments ready to go to Adelaide so I'm not quite sure what they are waiting for. I got palmed off last time I spoke to them and today I have emailed twice and am still waiting for a reply :arghh:.

Jo x

Kangomik,

Thanks for that.

Yes we have insurance. I keep getting told that they have other consignments ready to go to Adelaide so I'm not quite sure what they are waiting for. I got palmed off last time I spoke to them and today I have emailed twice and am still waiting for a reply :arghh:.

Jo x

Hi,

I used to work for Pickfords in the UK, on the international side. What they mean is they are waiting for the container to be loaded with more customers. The shipping company would have quoted a lead time and they will send the box within this time frame. It may just take the full time to get here, if they are waiting to send it as full as they can. Just from my experience not many shipments come to Adelaide, so it may take longer if it is shared container, as they will want to make as much money on that box. Sorry for not bringing better news, but it is always better to know that way you can plan better.

Prema x

Guest kas17

Hi, they are coming to collect our belongings on the 28th July, i dont know when the ship leaves the UK but today they have given us an estimated date of 27/09 for arrival

Karen

Thanks everyone for your replies we have just spoken with our Shipping Company and it looks like the goods they were wanting to put in with ours are not ready to go so we are going to have to pay more and get a container to ourselves (which has now been ordered) so it will hopefully leave sometime next week.

This move is becoming more and more expensive by the minute :arghh:.

Hi Karen - are you getting excited? I am but scared at the same time :wacko:.

Jo x

Guest kas17

Hi Karen - are you getting excited? I am but scared at the same time :wacko:.

Jo x

Hi Jo, I am excited and terrified, part of me is ready to go now, dont want all this hanging about. The other part of me wants to put my head in the sand. Less than 5 weeks to go for us:arghh: yours is so much nearer

Hi Jo, I am excited and terrified, part of me is ready to go now, dont want all this hanging about. The other part of me wants to put my head in the sand. Less than 5 weeks to go for us:arghh: yours is so much nearer

I know what you mean about the hanging about I've been so organised I'm ready to get on that plane now!!!! Who are you flying with? We're going with Singapore Edinburgh - Heathrow - Singapore - Adelaide.

Guest the umphs

I'm just filling forms now to go with Anglo Pacific - exactly the same problem as we're selling our house and have to move out a week on Friday.....!

Which company are you using??