Vacuum Bags?? "To use or not to use"

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

:huh:

Can anyone advise if they have used vacuum bags to save space when packing there linen for the container. the company have advised that they are fine with them being used, but would really appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks

Danielle & Karl

Guest guest3462

We used loads of them in the container and our luggage to get us here too!! They are fantastic for things like duvets, pillows, winter coats and kids soft toys. Especially if you are doing a shared container and need to economise on space. I would definately recommend them.

We also used them, no probs, we put a bounce dry tumbledry sheet in every bag and 8 weeks later the stuff still smelled lovely and fresh. We suckied every bag and left them a few days any that blew back up we threw out and replaced. Also if you can buy a few sets of sheets for each bed as they are expensive over here even for poor quality. Have fun and safe journey xx

Guest Bather's

Thank you for all your advice, i really dont know what i would do with out you all:notworthy:

My head is totally mash at the moment :wacko:

We dont fly out till january 3rd, but Doree Bonner are coming to collect all our stuff tomorrow as we move into my mother in laws on sunday.....

:arghh:Next i just need to find somewhere to live for when we arrive and get a job!!!

I dont know if ill make it to Christmas at this rate, i might be a ball of mush by then!!!!!:biglaugh:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest janmoo

Omg you guys are psychic i have spent afternoon looking for vacuum bags! Lol my heads really mashed 5 weeks to go and counting, will def get vac bags for my primark clothes (whole shop full!)

We have a bought a useful little Plastic device called a Bag Button to vacuum pack some goods, this can be used over and over again with plastic garbage bags which are so much cheaper than the Vacuum bags you can buy.

The Bag Button can be found by searching on the Internet, but can only be purchased direct from America, as the inventor seems to have a Patent on the device. I think they cost about A$20 with Postage. Ours arrived safe and sound, and they are certainly a nifty device.

Guest motlyman

I was just gonna post about the bag button but got beat to it lol.

Bin bags are a lot cheaper than vac bags. we used them and the bag button and filled tea chests with then.

Makes so much more space.

Colin

Guest Sachertorte

We used them also with silica gel bags and added cedar wood moth balls to avoid any off smells. Best bags we found were from Costco (Suzie is right about the vacuum ones rather than the roll the air out ones) They are sold in a box with assorted sizes jumbo, large, medium etc

You can put a lounge rug in the jumbo!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bather's

Mine where heavier, but as i used them for the container the cost was caluclated on volume not weight....

I noticed from your info that you are from Tottington, we are only down the road from you in radcliffe. What are your plans when are you moving?

thanks

Danielle

Our heads are pretty much mashed too! Have been running round like headless Chickens since we told PSS to come and get our gear on Tue! aahhh....think we have almost met ourselves coming back :)

Just a Q on the draw thing, we have put towels, linen, bed sheets, cuddly toys etc in them to save on space. The guy from PSS didn't mention about them being vacuum packed or bagged, do they have to be?

TTFN

Guest ste and cheryl
Mine where heavier' date=' but as i used them for the container the cost was caluclated on volume not weight....

I noticed from your info that you are from Tottington, we are only down the road from you in radcliffe. What are your plans when are you moving?

thanks

Danielle[/quote']

Small world hey !

We actually fly out on Saturday evening to Adelaide. :jiggy:

Hubby got offered a job 4 weeks ago and accepted, so we are going over on a Working Holiday Visa and when he is settled into his job we will start the RSMS.

When are you moving.

Cheryl x

Guest Bather's

Oh we have got a bit more time we fly on the 03/01....

Still trying to find some accomidation, finding it a night mare!!!!!

Good luck for Sat where abouts you moving to?

Danielle.xx

Guest ste and cheryl

We are not sure where we are going to settle yet. Hubby has a job in the west, but I would like to live in the south. So we're going to have to wait and see and have a look round next week.

We are staying with a lovely family for the first week or so until we find our own place.

When we're settled, give us a shout if you need help with anything, we'd be happy to help. And when you arrive and are settled we could catch up for a drink maybe .

Cheryl x x