QANTAS migrant fares

Guest MikeBanks

Guest MikeBanks

Does anyone know which visa qualifies the holder for a QANTAS migrant fare? We hold STNI visa class 137 but the QANTAS website states that migrant fares are available for classes 136 and 138! Have tried to phone QANTAS but generally either get the runaround or put through to someone who obviously has no idea what they're talking about. Can anyone help or give me an email address for QANTAS?

Guest MikeBanks

Yes, have flown QANTAS before and although it's generally been a pretty good experience they don't provide any contact details on their website other than a phone number which connects you to people who can't help. What we could do with is an email contact . It's really the luggage allowance that we're after, 40kgs as opposed to 20 kgs - the fare isn't much cheaper.

you do get 40kg of luggage with a migrant fare

If there's not much difference in price Singapore Airlines offer more luggage too:

"Kindly note, if you hold an unused/unstamped/not validated migrant visa that specifically states that you are permittedto remain in Australia indefinitely, then you will be entitled to double baggage allowance (40 kilos, per passenger). The double baggage will be granted on the day of your departure, after the visa has been verified by our check-in staff. This visa has to be used for the first time to enter into Australia."

:wubclub:

Guest janmoo

We re going on 26 sept and migrant fare was same as return. We re goin emirates as they offer 30kgs and we are sending stuff ahead with voovit.com £395 for 12 boxes takes 35 days but we are sending it next week so it will be there a week or two after us. Hope this helps

Janmoo,

Do you know the cost of your Voovit boxes at this end?

I have just had one box sent over from the UK and it cost us $206 for the handling charge.

(to remove the box out of the container and stick it on a shelf)

I was then charged $150 from AQIS (Quarantine) to have a person look in the box.

And because i could not meet the AQIS person for two days i had to pay $60.

So it was $416+$80(for the box) =$496

So please beware its not that cheap.

Just a note..

This is the pick up process,

You have to wait till the boxes are in the port..

Then go to customs to book it into OZ.(these might charge you depending whats on your list) In the shipping port

Then go to AQIS and pay them near the airport.

Wait for confirmation that box is in bonded wear house then ring AQIS to arrange meeting.

Go and meet and collect box near the shipping port.

Pay any late pic up charges.

So please check other shipping companies as all this stuff is included in there charges and they drop all your 12 boxes at your door.

Hope i have not confused things?

Rob and Mel

Guest janmoo

Omg thanks for that. Does anyone know the cheapest way to send 12 boxes? Thanks

Janmoo,

Do you know the cost of your Voovit boxes at this end?

I have just had one box sent over from the UK and it cost us $206 for the handling charge.

(to remove the box out of the container and stick it on a shelf)

I was then charged $150 from AQIS (Quarantine) to have a person look in the box.

And because i could not meet the AQIS person for two days i had to pay $60.

So it was $416+$80(for the box) =$496

So please beware its not that cheap.

Omg that is terrible can you recommend any shipping company that pays for the port fees anyone? Thanks so much for that you have probably saved me a fortune on shipping all my primark clothes lol xx

Just a note..

This is the pick up process,

You have to wait till the boxes are in the port..

Then go to customs to book it into OZ.(these might charge you depending whats on your list) In the shipping port

Then go to AQIS and pay them near the airport.

Wait for confirmation that box is in bonded wear house then ring AQIS to arrange meeting.

Go and meet and collect box near the shipping port.

Pay any late pic up charges.

So please check other shipping companies as all this stuff is included in there charges and they drop all your 12 boxes at your door.

Hope i have not confused things?

Rob and Mel