• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 11 of 11
    Like Tree4Likes

    Thread: driving licence

    1. #11

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Aldinga Beach
      66 times
      Im on a working holiday visa and got mine changed, I would rather pay a couple of hundred bucks for a licence than risk the huge $6000 fine if you get caught with an English one when you should have an aussie one. I was told you can only drive on English one for 90 days, weather you are a temporary resident or not.

      It is so easy to get an aussie one, all you have to do it go into the rego centre, show both parts of your English licence, pay the fee, get you photo taken and licence will be in the post to you. You keep your English one and there is no tests.

      Also you cant use your English licence as ID
      Last edited by tinkham_lee; 27-08-2010 at 05:49 AM.
      Yicker and draclee like this.

  • Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Similar Threads

    1. Driving Licence - Don't need SA one!
      By Lisado in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
    2. driving licence
      By Eddie Sankey in forum Shipping
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 30-07-2009, 12:52 PM
    3. Uk driving licence
      By parko in forum Aussie Chat
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 25-07-2009, 08:08 AM
    4. Driving Licence
      By ricknbeck in forum Shipping
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 13-03-2009, 03:00 AM
    5. Driving Licence
      By jen/nee in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 30-03-2007, 07:53 PM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums