Mini S

Guest barb

Hi,

I don't know how expensive parts are but the cars are quite rare.

The big motor people are Holden, Ford, Toyota etc.

I was really surprised by how few Brit cars there are. Landrovers are another type of car that I would have thought that there would be more of.

The Mini club of SA will be able to give you loads of info:

Snail Mail:

The Secretary

Mini Club of South Australia Inc

PO Box 49

Blackwood, South Australia 5051

Email:

Club President: president10@ miniclubsa.asn.au

The city Mini dealer is:

MINI Dealersarrow_3x5_b9b9b9_ffffff.gif1x1_trans.gifADELAIDE MINI GARAGE31-40 WEST TERRACE

ADELAIDE

SA

Tel: (08) 8414 3111

Fax: (08) 8231 0586

Website: www.adelaide.minigarage.com.au New Sales Email: info@adelaideminigarage.com.au

Used Car Email: info@adelaideminigarage.com.au

Service Dept. Email: info@adelaideminigarage.com.au

Aftersales Dept. Email: info@adelaideminigarage.com.au

Finance Dept. Email: info@adelaideminigarage.com.au

Insurance Dept. Email: info@adelaideminigarage.com.au

Hope that this helps!

Tamara

I think the main drawback would be that you would feel so tiny in a mini, alongside some of the huge 4x4's and trucks on the road. There is a garage down at Payneham that sells minis, (and one of our neighbours up the road seems to have about four), but when you see the size of the other cars around, and imagine that if you were alongside them they would probably not even see you in a mini, you might think twice about driving a mini out here...

Im shipping a car over and its quite a hassle, is it a classic mini or a BMW mini?

Its costing me about 3500 pound to ship my van over, yours may cost more as the landed value on it will be more (if its a new mini). Thats the total cost of shipping, customs clearance, compliance, registration and Duty and GST tax.

If its a classic mii, i would say take it, if its a new mini i would say sell it.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to get back to me, it was all really helpful and I will think long and hard about bringing it over. My OH is getting a 4x4 I just wanted it for work and shops...and fun!

We have had a mini home the last few nights - no problems in traffic and as you say good fun! Parts are readily available and servicing etc costs no more than regular cars if you work it out on service intervals rather than price!

Guest kangomik

2 years ago you were not allowed to import them, (BMW Mini) i don't know why. You see plenty here, and they race the mini's as support class for v8's.

Remember you have to have owned the vehicle for 12 months before importing.