BEWARE - Removal Company to Avoid....

Guest the umphs

Guest the umphs

Hi all,

For anyone looking to use a company from the UK to transport their possessions I suggest you think twice about ***** (Moderators note: please contact the OP by PM for the company name!). They were well recommended on here and so I hope this is an isolated incident, but A LOT of our stuff has been damaged, and in some cases damaged and no longer serves a purpose!

The lads that loaded the van didn't make us hugely confident. Their packing was shocking. They ended up putting an antique table and and a tool box together without any wrapping or separation (we only noticed this in the unpack). That's one of the items that has been damaged quite badly (not the worst). It took three of them to close the door on the van. Alarm bells were already ringing by that point. The coordinator we had personally is in the wrong profession, a dictator would be much better suited to her attitude & skills. I've complained and am in the process of sorting insurance but they've not apologised, accepted responsibility or given any indication of why this has happened.

The saddest thing for us is the things they broke were antique from my wife's side of the family, so hugely sentimental. They were also the only real valuable things we had.

It doesn't help having agencies deliver at this end either (ITS - who were pretty good about it). I wish now we'd gone with Pickfords/Allied Pickfords. Although a little bit more, they are one organisation delivering, so no excuses. Also, ensure you over insure your valuable/delicate items. You pay a small amount in the short-term but protect yourself in the long-term.

Not a pleasant experience and thankfully we're loving our new life here so hasn't hampered our spirits. I'm sure others have had the opposite experience, but if you are in the process of moving, thought it would be helpful to share this with you.

All the best,

Dan

Hi we used ****** (Mod's note- see above!) too and they were awful. I have posted that on here before but many will say they have had a good experience. Our packers were dreadful too (subcontractors) who spent most of their time outside. On the first night they got so drunk (from our drinks cupboard!!!) they were unable to pack the second day so we packed until they managed to get another crew to help them. (The other crew who worked with them could not believe how bad they were either. Fortunatley very little was broken but they packed small things in big boxesw meaning we ended up with too much for the container. They didnt answer our calls for days when we tried to complain but eventually did agree to pay all extra costs we had. Still never apologised though I certainly would never recommend them Karen

cant comment on this company but i used COSPEY in romford essex..nothing damaged or missing the guys were very good everything wrapped really well, they even wrapped up kids plastic beakers !! it took 5 men 2 days to empty my 2 bed house and they even wrapped my £20,000 toolbox with no probs... i never done a thing just sat on my arse and watched them (they told me to sit as i was paying them to do the work)...i've lost stuff since arriving as most of it went into storage as rental home never had garage only car port...couldn't believe just how much crap you store in your old home back in cold uk lol... but still 3 garage sales later the pile is slowly going down

alex

Hi guys,

As RockDr says above, we have to be very circumspect about naming particular companies when it's bad news (funny, no company ever complains about the good news!) so if anyone is looking for a removal company and wants to get the name of the one being discussed in this thread so as to avoid it, perhaps you could contact the original poster by PM and I'm sure they'll happily pass on the details!

Sorry - just covering vulnerable rear-ends!

Diane:policeman:

Guest the umphs

Seems ridiculous to have a site to help people and you can't share your personal view. This is a legitimate msg to genuinely offer advice as a result of our consumer experience. Nothing more.

I suggest the GB Liners comment is removed as well then, as we wouldn't want to be selling their brand, would we.

As I said, some companies have been known to threaten to sue the site owner when negative comments about their company are posted on the open forum, whereas I don't think to date any company has threatened this in response to positive comments! Passing on names is fine by PM, so feel free to do that rather than putting it on public posts.

Sorry, just doing my job.

Guest Woody and Jane

We used John Mason and they were fantastic. Everything was very well wrapped and boxed up. If I had one complaint it's that too much wrapping was used. I was filling the recycling bin for weeks with wrapping paper after we received our stuff. :goofy:

Guest m.jephcott

I am sorry to hear about the problems encountered with shipping companies, we used the same company as the above post, arrived today after exactly 10 weeks. Staff at both ends excellent and we have found no breakages yet. Just wish we had asked them to unwrap everything and take away packaging, we will be filling the recycling for months I think.