A Few Things :)

LisaWebster87

First thing.... trying to sell my car... as soon as its sold flights are getting booked for feb:) sooo anyone in the uk wanna buy a Astra SXi Sportshatch 1.4 petrol, 15000miles black 8.000ono :D

second thing... looking for singles to have a drink with and make some friend, im moving over with my mum and leaving all my friends behind so wanna try and meet lots of new ones and scared its all gunna be couples

last but not least

anybody looking for temp staff to begin in feb, would like to get a job to keep me going... will take anything really until i get settled enough to find perminant work, even just a few hours a week would be fine

so if you can help me with any of the above please send me a message... and if there is anybody around the same age in the same circumstances feel free to ad me on facebook :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1175927318

Guest kangomik

Can't help with the car i am affraid.

Friends and work will go together, it's the easiest place to meet new people, friends of friends etc.

Temp work there is plenty around so i wouldn't worry too much in that area.

You'll find the city good and glenelg in summer good for a night scene.

hey lisa. I'm going to be arriving in Adelaide about June-July 2011. Initially on a WHV, hoping to make the move permanent though. If you're after cheap flights, i got mine from STA travel.

Having visited adelaide before, i bet there's plenty to see and do? I visted Oz in 1994, but didn't get to Adelaide that time around.

James

going on my own.visiting relatives in NSW, then travelling to Adelaide via Sydney, Canberra,Etc.

I'll probably hostel it at first before getting a rental. Depends on when i get work :)

Hey Lisa,

If you are arriving Feb/March time it might be worth googling 'festivals / what's on in Adelaide' then applying for work at the Clipsal, WOMADelaide, or the Fringe.

It would only be temporary but you'll meet a great crowd there and the atmosphere is brilliant..and you might even make some useful contacts. I'd use the fact that you are a citizen and try to use an Adelaide contact address on your resume as competition for jobs is, I believe, pretty fierce and it would be sad if you were discounted as you aren't actually here yet!

Good luck!

LC

i havent had luck with any jobs yet just for that reason, using jy uk address as due to the fact we are renting we dont have anything lined up just yet. Festivals... sound AMAZING!!! i will NEED to look into that. I have qualifications in sound production so that is my ideal temp position :D

Can u send me some links please :D x