Parking

Guest westie1972

Guest the4hopes

If it says hours 9am-6pm then its the number of hours on the sign you can park in the time slot, out of these hours is unlimited(unless in city where some say only permit holders out of hours)

If it says ticket on the sign, and 1p 2p etc then you have to buy a ticket.(Only need to buy a ticket in the times stated)

Many places in around the city you can park after 6 for how long you like, and after 12pm saturdays.

They are all quite confusing, I still have to study the signs unless its my usual parking places.

We had no idea what 1p and 2p was when we first got here, it would make sense to put 1h!?

The number preceding the "P" is the amount of time (in hours) that you are permitted to park in that location. 1/2P - 30mins, 1P - 1hr, 2P - 2hrs etc.

If you see "Ticket" also on the 1P/2P etc sign, it means that you can park in the assigned location only if you obtain a ticket from one of the machines in the vicinity.

Be careful to observe conditions on parking... such as specific times.

In particular, be especially wary of "how" to park... You may see "45' rear to kerb". - which means park at a 45 degree angle nose pointing out in the direction of traffic. This caught me out and proved to be a silly mistake for me, but an expensive lesson.

Finally, you are only permitted to park in the direction of traffic flow. So don't be tempted to nip into that available space on the other side of the road facing oncoming traffic.

Regards

Guest kangomik
if you see all 3 you get 6 hours parking.

:biglaugh:

Don't for get free parking if in a ticket area you still need to get a ticket.:policeman: ( shows how long you have been there)