Taking Carpentry Tools

Guest hughescl

Guest hughescl

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help, my husband will start work as Carpenter when he comes across in May. What is the quickest way of sending tools, he uses hand and power tools would they just be sent with our container? the problem we face is that he needs them for work here until we leave. Any advice would be greatly received

Thanks

Claire

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help, my husband will start work as Carpenter when he comes across in May. What is the quickest way of sending tools, he uses hand and power tools would they just be sent with our container? the problem we face is that he needs them for work here until we leave. Any advice would be greatly received

Thanks

Claire

you can send them by air on the day you leave,it takes 7-14 days.my husband made the decision to sell them though and start again with new.he is going out tomorrow to get the hand tools and i am not looking forward to knowing what it will all cost!

Guest hughescl
you can send them by air on the day you leave,it takes 7-14 days.my husband made the decision to sell them though and start again with new.he is going out tomorrow to get the hand tools and i am not looking forward to knowing what it will all cost!

That's good to know, are prices comparable on tools do you know?. My husband has loads!!! Thanks Claire

Guest hughescl
If he has 110v tools tell him not to bring them they do not use them over here it is all 240v He would be better of selling them over there and get some money for them as they are not worth any thing over here.

When he did his vetassess he asked about this and was told by the assesor that he could bring them as long as he has a transformer. Will let my husband know as we don't want to pay for shipping bits we can't use.

Many thanks

Claire

Guest The Dimmocks

My husband took a selection of his tools on the plane with us, it used some of our allowance but we had a fair bit so didnt really make a difference. We had to leave the tool box in a cage by check in (we were worried that it wouldnt make it as cage was a fair way from desk). Tools arrived in Adelaide along with us.

Michelle

When he did his vetassess he asked about this and was told by the assesor that he could bring them as long as he has a transformer. Will let my husband know as we don't want to pay for shipping bits we can't use.

Many thanks

Claire

He can bring them but as i said its all 240v here and no one has a transformer and its a bit of a job carrying one of them about everywhere you go.lol