BMW 120d import - required changes?

Guest nitrox32

Guest nitrox32

Hi all,

My name is Shawn. Im moving to Adelaide in April and starting to freak out :) I am looking forward to it but with so much change as you all know it is a bit crazy lol

Im hoping to get some advice on importing my car - BMW120d 2005. I have all the paper work etc in progress but this is a more practical question. Who do I contact to find out what modifications are required eg air conditioning (cfc issue), seat belts, fire protection etc. Yes I know all very exciting stuff.

Thanks for your help

Shawn

Will ask my husband once he gets out of hospital - he works for BMW, so hopefully will be able to help.

Adelaide Motors Pty Ltd, West Tce, Adelaide are the only franchised BMW dealership in South Australia should you wish to contact them. There are others that do BMW work though.

Julie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sunnysideup

Hi, have you actually applied for an import approval yet???, you must have had the car for a continous period for 12 months to qualify for a personal import. for private imports not a restriction for the gas in one off cars for this age and also modifications are minor, child restraints are the main one and engineers report for the sideimpact bars, unless the car is modified,

if you need any help let me know I run a freight forwarding & customs brokers company and have acted for 100's of cars coming into Australia, thanks

Hi

I hadn't really considered transporting a car - thought it would be too expensive. What sort of costs are associated with the export?

I have an old Golf that I hate to part with, just wondered if I can persuade the wife to take it with us:biglaugh:!

Cheers

John

Guest sunnysideup
Hi

I hadn't really considered transporting a car - thought it would be too expensive. What sort of costs are associated with the export?

I have an old Golf that I hate to part with, just wondered if I can persuade the wife to take it with us:biglaugh:!

Cheers

John

drop me an email about your cars, how long you have had them, how old they are and current values and I can respond

sjulian@protrade.com.au

thanks

sunnyside up

Guest Guest5035
Hi

Cheers

John

how old is old. look here for valuation.

Car Prices - Search Car Prices & Values - Red Book

stevo

Shawn

Do you know how the valuation part works? In the uk our BM is worth about £10.5k, we've had it for 6 years - so no problem there, but am concerned about the import taxes. Wondered if you know what your import duty will be.

Cheers

John