buying a car

Guest stuart

I am coming to adelaide in the new year and staying for a year.

can anyone suggest a reputable car sales team, for a family car.

has anyone any advice on buy back schemes?

thanks

stuart

Hi Stuart, I have recently purchased a Toyota Camry from Cornes Toyota in Belair Road, Adelaide, and found the salesperson very easy to deal with. I think you need to decide how much you want to spend on a motor, as you can get good runabouts over here for A$1000 - A$1500 dollars that no doubt you can sell on after a year and probably get most of your money back, although you will also need to pay some stamp duty (like VAT) and registration (like Road Tax) to keep your vehicle on the road as well as insurance. The more the car is worth, the more stamp duty you pay. There are always a long list of cars to buy from private sellers in the Adelaide paper daily for all values.

Cornes will probably only deal in cars from about A$10000 dollars upwards, as they are a Toyota main dealer. Hope this helps a bit, but cannot help on any buy back schemes.

• 2 weeks later...

where can we find a runabout for $1000-$1500?? we have hired a car for the first 4 weeks but we want to buy something after that as hiring is so expensive. not too bothered what it is just need something to get us from a to b, any info?

Guest muppetbro

for that amount your more likely gonna buy a car with alot of ongoing problems and associated costs - safer to invest wisely as the last thing you need is a car breaking down cos this aint no 20 minute city dude.......

good luck - we all need that at the beginning

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rob and Clare

You don't seem to be able to lose as much on a second hand cars over here as you can in the UK, as such second hand cars are quite expenisive.

There are tons of dealers on main north road, North east road and south road, plus more, you will find what you want but you may have to pay more than you bargained. I just looked on carsguide.com.au and for less than $2,500 the newest car was a 1995 hyundai Excel.

Also of you pay over $6,000 from a retailer they have to give you a warranty, or certainly it's a better warranty.

You can get RAA checks done on cars too if your a member, so that could be another option to help out.

thanks for the responses, we have decided to invest more money in a car now that I have got a job just near Adelaide City, need something reliable and now we will have some money coming in we can stretch a bit, I have checked some out down South Road so think we will take a trip down there tomorrow afternoon, thanks again for advice everyone, let's hope we can get something sorted before Xmas!

• 1 month later...
Guest local lad
I am coming to adelaide in the new year and staying for a year.

can anyone suggest a reputable car sales team, for a family car.

has anyone any advice on buy back schemes?

thanks

stuart

hi stuart

if your after an easy answer from a friendly team go see eddie at adelaide consignment center 680 anzacv highway glenelg 83767075 hes also an ex pom and real helpful as is his team.