Making the most of our validation trip

JimandBarbinAus

Hi all,

We are due to make the move to Adelaide in July 2012 however, we are off to Perth next month to activate our visas. We have a list of things that we want to tick off and we were wondering if there is anything that we can do in Perth to use our time wisely such as visiting a TAFE in Perth, opening a bank account, pick up forms etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Probably a stupid question this, but if you're moving to Adelaide, why do a validation trip to Perth?

Sorry, not answered your question but if it was a visit to Adelaide I'd suggest going to a few open inspections to see first hand what you're likely to get for your money should you decide to buy a house, mix the touristy stuff (not that it would feel very touristy in June!) like Barossa, Glenelg etc with day-to-day living like shopping to give you a feel for how much things cost and what's available etc. Also, contacting prospective employers, visiting schools, checking out how much cars cost etc. It's all valuable research that can look quite different here to what the Internet suggests at the other end of the world!

Much of this, though, would be fairly pointless doing in Perth unless you were planning on moving there!

Jim

Guest helene73

I have to agree, while we did the whole checking out Perth in October and finding out everything we need to know before starting the visa process then to be told I couldn't go to WA I will be having a validation trip to SA as I have never been.

Could you not have say a week in Perth as a holiday and then do all the things you need to do in SA, there is a huge difference in the costs of living in WA compared to SA

Anyway have fun on your trip if you get chance make the trip to monkey Mia it's amazing up there and drop into caversham wildlife park in perth too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk