Old Lambretta Scooter Advice

Guest teamV

Guest teamV

Hopefully this time next year we will be in or near Adelaide and I want to bring my old Lambretta ,but how easy or hard will it be to register and I think its called rego .Its a 1959 ,hasn't any indicators and has some non standard parts .I would be able to change things that it would need while still here in the Uk ,if I had an idea were to start ,already got a Km's speedo ,so any advice would be great.

59045c0b.jpg

Kev.

Hi there I can't realy advise on this one but have a look at the Transport South Australia (http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/light_vehicles_pdfs/Info01.pdf) Can you keep me updated as I own two vintage motor cycles that I want to import, both are still basket cases so I would be intressted to see what I require to do, hopefully no a lot as I am short of time.

Guest teamV
Hi there I can't realy advise on this one but have a look at the Transport South Australia (http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/light_vehicles_pdfs/Info01.pdf) Can you keep me updated as I own two vintage motor cycles that I want to import, both are still basket cases so I would be intressted to see what I require to do, hopefully no a lot as I am short of time.

I will have a look on the site tomorrow,also i'm going to contact the lambretta club of australia ,as ive just been on their site and they have 22 members in Sa.What ever make of motorbike you have may also have a club in Oz.

Kev.

Guest teamV
Nice scooter. Would love to get one again when we get over there. Don't think OH would be to pleased though.

They seem a bit of a dear do over there ,so could be in short supply,but if you have to ask the boss,then the chances are ,you won't be getting one:D

Kev.

Guest Vishdish

I know a lot of the guys from the Lambretta Club of SA. I also know someone in Sydney who is originally from Cornwall, and they were the previous president of the Lambretta Club of Australia. Send me a message and I will get you in touch with any of them.

Vicki.

Guest teamV
I know a lot of the guys from the Lambretta Club of SA. I also know someone in Sydney who is originally from Cornwall, and they were the previous president of the Lambretta Club of Australia. Send me a message and I will get you in touch with any of them.

Vicki.

Thanks I'm a member of the lcgb ,but don't want to post on there just yet as no one really knows were leaving,will message you latter ,as a lot on today as our visa has been granted this morning.

Kev.

Guest teamV
Hi Nick here.Vicki has put me on to you I am the Vice Pres of the Lambretta Club of Australia and involved in the local Lambretta club.

You can contact me directly at my work email here if you wish to discuss anything ,Nick.Townsend@sant.cepu.asn.au

Cheers Nick.

Thanks Nick were off to france tomorrow on the scooter's, then when we get back about the 18th I'l get intouch as we are staying on a couple of weeks ,just want to know if anything really needs changing ,as it will be cheaper and easier to do while still in the uk.Thanks for taking the time to get intouch,

there's a link here ,with some pics from last year.

http://www.forums.ilambretta.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27784

Kev.

Guest davey72

Hi

I brought my 1960 Vespa over 18 months ago. Very easy you just need to get an import Certificate for the scooter. Get as much info as possible about the bike inc Vin Number / Engine Number, Copies of Log Book, Recipts for Work ect and send it of and they then issues you with an Import Certificate as it is over a certain age you pay no GST or Import Duty on it. You need the certificate to get it in the country and to register it on SA Plates. No matter how much you clean it they will quarantine it and charge you for a clean!!! I put new tyres and jet washed everything on but made no difference. Bring as many bits as you can rarer than hens teeth over here and as expensive. Most places seem to flog the Asian rip of parts. I still get my bits from the UK and shipped over. Couple of clubs in Adelaide but I have yet to join them. They have a few ride outs but obviously big trips interstate are not on the cards although I have spoke to some people that have done them. There is a chap is Adelaide I will dig his details out it seems every person that brings a scooter over gets in touch with this chap for parts and ride out info. If you PM me I will dig out all the details when I get in. It is very easy to do and doesnt cost much.

Guest teamV

Cheer's guys ,great advice ,as ive said we are away to france this morning and will back home around the 18th ,passport control are on strike today as well so we are setting off early ,wil be intouch when I get back,

Thanks Kevin.

• 2 weeks later...