Anybody used Self Pack Shipping?

Guest boesman

Guest boesman

Was just wondering if anyone used this company before and have anything to say about the process. I am trying to find shippers who will allow us to pack our own container, but they are the only ones so far. Had shippers in today, but some of our heavier cupboards will have to be empty and it is a huge waste of space. If we could pack our own container, we could use that space inside the cupboards as they are huge.

Any info would be great!

I asked the same a short while ago. It might be worth you looking up SELF PACKING on the search facility and check out older posts.

There was a mixed response with most considering it more hassle to pack yourself and that customs are more likely to check absolutley everything and delay you getting your container.

Some people have done it and were happy though.

All in all we decided it was one less stress to deal with for not that much more money.

All the best with whatever you decide and it's worth shopping around. There are lots of good posts on the Poms in Oz site, also.

Guest Clarky

Just a quick note. When I insured my stuff for shipping last week, it specified that it must be packed by professional company and they must be a member of professional assoc. (cant remember what the association was, but think the acronym was BAR). Don't know if this always applies, but best check it out when you insure it

we didnt self pack & glad we didnt.. Everything has to be listed which would be a headache itself..

Our packers were excellent & fitted everything into a 20ft container (and we had ALOT of stuff ...even our loft was jam packed!!) They packed it like a jigsaw puzzle...not a gap inside.. something we would never have been able to do!!

Also..agree about the insurance.. most companies will only insure if professionally packed..

There are companies who will utilise every space..

Sarah

• 6 months later...

Can I ask, which company did you use please?

we didnt self pack & glad we didnt.. Everything has to be listed which would be a headache itself..

Our packers were excellent & fitted everything into a 20ft container (and we had ALOT of stuff ...even our loft was jam packed!!) They packed it like a jigsaw puzzle...not a gap inside.. something we would never have been able to do!!

Also..agree about the insurance.. most companies will only insure if professionally packed..

There are companies who will utilise every space..

Sarah