Shipping american fridge freezer- confused?

tean

Having used the search facility and researching this a fair bit, I am still confused! We have a 3 year old Samsung Fridge freezer that a few shippers have said is fine to take, but the last 2 have said no, or that the gases have to be drained?

I have looked on the Australian exports site and still unsure.

Has anyone taken one in the last year, as there seems to have been new rules on this since July 2010.

Hope someone can shed some light on this, as I would love to take it with me:-(

Tean,

We shipped a whirlpool over last October , as long as it stays upright throughout the journey down here it will be fine, We turned it off 24hrs before the guys came that was it, 8 weeks later we get it back intact , then we had to get it topped up with gas as it had leaked out . dont know anything about new rules tho, Get it cleaned up & ship it with everything else you want to bring, just make sure its free from dust , fluff , etc that gathers @ the motor @ back of it. Hope this will help you .SHIP IT.

Guest theclarkes

We shipped our new Samsung Fridge Freezer when we arrived in Feb, went with John Mason, all was fine. The only unfortunate thing is we sold it for $600 as it didnt fit in the gap in our rental and now we are building a house and am pig sick we sold it!! Was brand new and black and lovely :(:(