Pss

Guest gazzman

Guest gazzman

Hi everyone just a quick note on Pss, i called them today to get someone to come out and quote us for moving our goods. They said they don't have anyone in my area and the earliest they could send someone would be the end of August (what) i was utterly gobsmacked by this statement. Obviously they must be blissfully unaware of the current economic situation and are not to keen on getting new business. The ironic thing about this is we spoke to the manager at the overseas emmigration show in Feb this year and she said just give us a call nearer the time and we'll send someone round to see you within a few days of booking the appointment, sure!!! glad i'm not dealing with this lot. Surely this is not good for a business that relies heavily on referrals and forums like this for business?

Hi Gazzman

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced problems in booking a pre-move estimate with us. Unfortunately our industry is very seasonal and August is a very popular month, however you still should not have to wait this long for an appointment. If you could be so kind to email janette@p-s-s.co.uk or call 08000800 988 3688 or 03333212808 and advise me of where you are in the UK, I would like to book you in for a pre-move survey.

Guest gazzman

Yeah i have heard they get a good name,its just a shame that 1 person on the phone can do so much to tarnish their reputation though..

We have used pss twice and they have been round within the week. Last time was only in March. Sounds funny. I would ring again and see if you get someone else.

Guest Kat+Rocco

Well i rang to arrange 3 estimates back in May....Pickfords and John Mason came out about a month later and PSS couldn't come till 2 weeks ago so guess they must be really busy at the moment!!:huh:

Guest gazzman
Well i rang to arrange 3 estimates back in May....Pickfords and John Mason came out about a month later and PSS couldn't come till 2 weeks ago so guess they must be really busy at the moment!!:huh:
Jesus 2 months wait for them to give you a quote. I think it depends on where you live in the country maybe thats why it takes them so long as they might not have a rep covering the area we live. However i still wouldn't wait 2 months as there are a multitude of removal firms to choose from, just my opinion don't mind 2-3 weeks wait but 2 months no thanks. How did you get on with the quote they gave in comparison to the others?

PSS called me last week to see how our plans are going and they told me they only had a few days available now in August as it is their busiest month - told them we're likely to be September at the earliest now and are fairly flexible but we keep in regular contact. We live near their main southern depot and will only need one day to pack up so could fit in easily.

Most companies suggest you contact them at least 2 months before want to leave, especially at peak times (holidays).

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Hi everyone just a quick note on Pss, i called them today to get someone to come out and quote us for moving our goods. They said they don't have anyone in my area and the earliest they could send someone would be the end of August (what) i was utterly gobsmacked by this statement. Obviously they must be blissfully unaware of the current economic situation and are not to keen on getting new business. The ironic thing about this is we spoke to the manager at the overseas emmigration show in Feb this year and she said just give us a call nearer the time and we'll send someone round to see you within a few days of booking the appointment, sure!!! glad i'm not dealing with this lot. Surely this is not good for a business that relies heavily on referrals and forums like this for business?

Whereabouts are you? I spoke to them today and they said they were really busy, didn't have anyone in our area and couldn't tell me when they'd be able to get someone to come out. I did get an "unseen" quote over the phone but to be honest there's no way we're going to book shipping without someone coming out to go over everything properly so will have to wait and see what all the others have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gazzman

Hi Sorry its taken so long to answer your post but been away on holiday and just returned the other day. We are based in Scotland (Central belt area) have had a few companies round to give quotes, but getting a lot of conflicting info regarding shipping times, dont know who to believe to be honest its a bloody minefield'. All the quotes are pretty much of a muchness apart from the timelines that is.

Whereabouts are you? I spoke to them today and they said they were really busy, didn't have anyone in our area and couldn't tell me when they'd be able to get someone to come out. I did get an "unseen" quote over the phone but to be honest there's no way we're going to book shipping without someone coming out to go over everything properly so will have to wait and see what all the others have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunnydays
Hi Sorry its taken so long to answer your post but been away on holiday and just returned the other day. We are based in Scotland (Central belt area) have had a few companies round to give quotes, but getting a lot of conflicting info regarding shipping times, dont know who to believe to be honest its a bloody minefield'. All the quotes are pretty much of a muchness apart from the timelines that is.

Hi

We had crown out today and they told us we needed 30ft for a 3 bed house!! I did question this because we came back fro Oz 3 years ago in a 20ft and have not bought THAT MUCH since we returned!! - Still waiting for official quote but have now been looking for other companies - I called PSS and they are coming out either Tues or Wed next week. Can I ask who else you have had out?? I looked at Doree Bonner but it appears to be agents they use in Scotland and am a bit wary because of that.

Any recommendations appreciated!!

Guest guest3462

We used Pickfords and had no bother whatsoever. They came and did the quote 4 days after we rang and came to pack it a week later. We got our stuff to the day of them saying it and we had no extra quarantine fees to pay.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Hi

We had crown out today and they told us we needed 30ft for a 3 bed house!! I did question this because we came back fro Oz 3 years ago in a 20ft and have not bought THAT MUCH since we returned!! - Still waiting for official quote but have now been looking for other companies - I called PSS and they are coming out either Tues or Wed next week. Can I ask who else you have had out?? I looked at Doree Bonner but it appears to be agents they use in Scotland and am a bit wary because of that.

Any recommendations appreciated!!

Try White & Co. I have been very impressed with their communication so far. We have about 700 cubic feet to ship and their price for it to go in a container on it's own is the same or even cheaper than some of the others quoted for it to go as groupage!