• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
      Liked
      156 times
      Rep

shipping pc and bikes

Hi guys we are thinking (when I say we I mean OH lol) of shipping a PC and monitors and 2 mountain bikes over but just wondering where to start we need to see whether its worth it cost wise.
      Can we ring up and get quotes or does it go on weight? Do we get a space in a shared container?? Sorry for all the questions but havent got a clue!
      Thanks
      Helen

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      4907 times
      Rep
      That small an amount I'd air freight it and have it there a lot quicker. If they are CRT monitors ditch them and get flat ones the other end. Bikes are more expensive in Aus so if your bikes are decent then it'd be worth shipping I'd think.

Title
      Liked
      156 times
      Rep
      Thanks snifter, OH is in IT so they are flat screen monitors and he cant imagine being without a pc! I've had a look at some shipping/air freight companies and seems fairly cheap for bikes and pc so we will be taking them.

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by pixie7 View Post
      Thanks snifter, OH is in IT so they are flat screen monitors and he cant imagine being without a pc! I've had a look at some shipping/air freight companies and seems fairly cheap for bikes and pc so we will be taking them.
      Hey, what was the company you got your quote from if you don't mind? I Got a TV, X box and couple of small things but most shipping seems aimed at bigger moves,

Thanks

Title
      Liked
      368 times
      Rep
      What make and model are the bikes? See this link to see what's selling for what over here.

Title
      Liked
      156 times
      Rep
      Hi I did online quotes with www.freedom shipping.com
      and
      www.sevenseasworldwide.co.uk

Also advised to check
      ewepack and Simpson

Hope this helps x

Quote Originally Posted by johnosmad View Post
      Hey, what was the company you got your quote from if you don't mind? I Got a TV, X box and couple of small things but most shipping seems aimed at bigger moves,

Thanks

Title
      Liked
      156 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sidestep View Post
      What make and model are the bikes? See this link to see what's selling for what over here.
      Oo thanks for the link I'm going to check if theyre worth taking- 2 Muddy fox mountain bikes- not sure of model names.

Thanks

Title
      Liked
      13 times
      Rep
      If you decide to bring the bikes make sure they are spotless, otherwise you will be charged by Quarantine for them to do it.

Buttons
      Quote Originally Posted by pixie7 View Post
      Hi guys we are thinking (when I say we I mean OH lol) of shipping a PC and monitors and 2 mountain bikes over but just wondering where to start we need to see whether its worth it cost wise.
      Can we ring up and get quotes or does it go on weight? Do we get a space in a shared container?? Sorry for all the questions but havent got a clue!
      Thanks
      Helen

I might be being stupid here, but what are you doing with the rest of your stuff? Aren't you shipping that over as well? Therefore the PC's and bikes would go in the container with the rest of your belongings. It will cost you a fortune to buy all your belongings new over here - far more than it will cost you to ship a container with everything you own.

Title
      Liked
      4221 times
      Rep
      Depending on how much luggage you are bringing with you, you could bring the bikes as part of your check-in luggage - I have seen other people doing this. Obviously make sure they are very well packed and protected though. Your OH can also bring a laptop with him as part of his carry on luggage.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast