buying car and rego

Guest pixie7

Guest pixie7

So we're off to Adelaide soon and we're just looking at the costs of cars. We will initially be looking for anything (within reason) to get OH to and from work. (2nd hand and cheap!)Any ideas where to go?

Can I just confirm at a dealership the price is all inclusive and then we will have to pay rego (is this monthly or lump sum? dependent on car engine/age?) and insurance and thats it?

Trying to work out initial outlay costs

Thanks Helen

Guest bishop3912
So we're off to Adelaide soon and we're just looking at the costs of cars. We will initially be looking for anything (within reason) to get OH to and from work. (2nd hand and cheap!)Any ideas where to go?

Can I just confirm at a dealership the price is all inclusive and then we will have to pay rego (is this monthly or lump sum? dependent on car engine/age?) and insurance and thats it?

Trying to work out initial outlay costs

Thanks Helen

Hi the Main North Road and Main South Road both have loads of car yards on them. Dont tell them you have just landed here, as they will try and stitch u up on knocking money off the car. We learnt this from experience, when we bought this time round we said we were just looking for a second car. The price the dealers have up, usually doesnt include the government tax for buying the car, this varies depending on price of car purchased, sorry dont know the percentages but someone else may be able to help (or there may be somewhere on net u find this out), but from memory and prices are approx, I bought my car for $10,000 and paid, I think, an additional $1,600 in government taxes (only rough figure as cant remember exact figure but was over $1,500), my car already had rego on it till so not had to pay this yet but OH expired and he only got a 3 month rego on his when it expired, again rego varies depending on type of car. Hope this helps.

Hi guys. I am happy to help you out if you wish

I am the sales manager at southside suzuki and we deal with new and 2nd hand vehicles.

It can be a bit scarey buying your first car as you will need to understand the rego and stamp duty. We have been here around 10 months and always speaking to new arrivals so if I can help you out then let me know.

Guest Guest5035
Hi guys. I am happy to help you out if you wish

I am the sales manager at southside suzuki and we deal with new and 2nd hand vehicles.

It can be a bit scarey buying your first car as you will need to understand the rego and stamp duty. We have been here around 10 months and always speaking to new arrivals so if I can help you out then let me know.

quite right there, but all the info is available here aswell.

stevo