Guest londongirl

Guest londongirl

We want to stopover on the way to Adelaide in Hong Kong, and the only airlines that fly direct to Adelaide from Hong Kong is Cathay Pacific. After an hour looking for deals on their website, I tried phoning them and was on hold for 20 minutes before they answered, only to be told to go back to the website and trawl through all their hotels, which took another hour and a half and now I have to try and phone them again!

Qantas was not much better. They only fly via other cities in Australia, but after my experience of Cathay Pacific, I phoned them. They answered straight away but would not book a one-way flight with a stopover. They only do return journeys, and quoted over 3,000 pounds for two adults to do a 3 day stopover including return flights. Their reservations line, which accept one-way bookings, kept me on hold for 20 minutes, by which time I had given up! I have a busy life to lead - how can I book simple one-way flights for us with a stopover in Hong Kong?

We want to stopover on the way to Adelaide in Hong Kong, and the only airlines that fly direct to Adelaide from Hong Kong is Cathay Pacific. After an hour looking for deals on their website, I tried phoning them and was on hold for 20 minutes before they answered, only to be told to go back to the website and trawl through all their hotels, which took another hour and a half and now I have to try and phone them again!

Qantas was not much better. They only fly via other cities in Australia, but after my experience of Cathay Pacific, I phoned them. They answered straight away but would not book a one-way flight with a stopover. They only do return journeys, and quoted over 3,000 pounds for two adults to do a 3 day stopover including return flights. Their reservations line, which accept one-way bookings, kept me on hold for 20 minutes, by which time I had given up! I have a busy life to lead - how can I book simple one-way flights for us with a stopover in Hong Kong?

Try Phoning this number office hours---- email shrukidiscounttravel@qantas.com.au or call on 0208 600 4342.

Guest Guest6899

Have you popped into a travel agent and given them what your after?. We struggled online to sort flights but just told travel agent what i wanted and asked them to call me when she had sorted it, it took her a few hours to call back but it saved me a lot of time online. I used to think online was cheaper but after recent holidays searching through both ways its not always the case. Hope you get sorted soon.

Lisa

Guest Guest5035
I used to think online was cheaper but after recent holidays searching through both ways its not always the case. Hope you get sorted soon.

Lisa

so very true, we've been trawling for a month now for our trip to europe and the UK. We were looking online and ended up booking through a agent....................our son!!

Stevo