Car Insurance ????

Cherrypecker

Hi all,

We are looking at buying two second hand cars over the next week. I think I know what is involved and how it differs to the UK process. However, I have not come across insurance anywhere. I assume it is a legal requirement.

Can anyone recommend places, companies etc, or give any tips gained from experience, please ??

Thank you

Paul & Sarah

Just Google search insurance companies and you will come up with more than you could poke a stick at!! I do recommend getting as many different quotes as possible because I have found they can vary wildly. I always get new quotes every year and have been lucky that we have never had to claim. I suppose the only time you really know if your insurance company is any good is when you claim.

However, and some one can correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that insurance is not compulsory as you get third person cover included with your rego - my understanding of this is that if you have an accident and you injury someone else then they will be covered. As I say not completely certain that this is true but I'm sure someone will reply if I'm wrong.

As above post says its not law. If you dont have it and you hit someone rego will cover any one that is hurt but will not cover any damage to the cars or property you will be responsabill for that if you are at fault.You can get insurance just the same as UK if you have proof of your UK no claims most will accept that so you dont need to start all over again.Try coles on line they have just started insurance, budget direct ,they are not to bad.Loads of them out there.