Info needed on shipping a car and a home ( in 10 weeks..yikes)

Guest ras

Hi There

I wonder if anyone has any recent advice assistance they can offer. We are leaving for Adelaide in Approx 10-11 weeks and need to send over house contents and a car.

1) My car is a bmw 3 series only worth about £2500 ish here but about £18,000 in Australia, is it worth shipping as I can't seem to get a rounded up definate cost.

2) Has anyone shipped a car and house contents in the same container, is it cheaper/ better to do this?

3) has anyone had a recent quote on how much it is do to this together or seperate recently.

I'm starting to stress out as feel like I have a few weeks to sort all this out by myslef. :wideeyed:

As we have only owned our other car for 5 months I was looking to ship this out in 6 months time when we have owned it for a 12 month. Has anyone shipped a car after they have arrived in Australia, ( we can allways sell it back in the Uk if our circumstances change .. to much hassle etc.) It's an Audi TT which seems to be worth about $26,000 (nuts) so seems worth shipping both.

If I equate what we would sell the bmw on its own for here for £2500 seems you couldnt buy that much for $3750, is that resonable to say.

Guest wyles family

HI RAS, WE ARE ALSO IN THE PROCESS OF SHIPPING 2 CARS OUT TO OZ. YOU CAN PUT IT IN SAME CONTAINER AS HOUSEHOLD CONTENTS.

YOU HAVE A FEW PROBLEMS DUE TO YOUR TIMESCALE...IT TAKES ABOUT FIVE WEEKS TO GET PERMISSION TO IMPORT THE CAR, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ALOUD TO TAKE THE AUDI BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE IN THE UK FOR THE 12 MTH QUALIFING PERIOD PRIOR TO APPLICATION.

ITS WORTH DOING BUT THE PAPERWORK INVOLVED IS LIKE DOING THE WHOLE VISA APPLICATION ALL OVER AND VERY STRESSFULL.... IF YOU DONT HAVE ALOT OF FURNITURE YOU CAN STORE IT IN WITH THE CAR, BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUVE GOT, YOU CAN SEND YOUR CAR IN A 20FOOT CONTAINER FOR ABOUT £1500. TO SEND HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ETC ON ITS OWN IN A 20FOOT CONTAINER IS ABOUT £3700... DONT KNOW WHY ITS CHEAPER!!! YOU NEED TO GET INSURANCE ON TOP ASWELL AT ABOUT 2.5% of value ...... pm me your e mail address and we will send you everything we have on this from the australian government... dont stress you will do it!!! NOTHING GOOD COMES EASY! RACHEL AND MARC

Thanks Steve, I would be keeping it to drive if we decide to ship it, but couldn't afford to buy that sort of car when we move there as no jobs on arrival.

I guess I'll have to really look into what I could buy for the cost of what I'd pay shipping it and what I can sell it for in Uk rounded up should be around £5,000, oh and of course what I'd pay for rental on arrival whilst waiting for uk car to arrive so maybe $8,000.............. ( ish) I think hubby will have to help me out ).

By the way you just made me and my husband cry with laughter about the Delboy comment and the 3 wheeler peckham......just tickled us .

Guest Guest5035

By the way you just made me and my husband cry with laughter about the Delboy comment and the 3 wheeler peckham......just tickled us .

i aim to please, and you'll see i always tell it like it is, no bull poo from me. Heres an idea, use carsales.com.au as a guide on what you can buy, use my post code as a reference point, 5127 and put 10/20 kms distance in. Alot of imported cars are the "Australian specs' as we have one or two must haves, on cars that are made overseas.

stevo

HI RAS, WE ARE ALSO IN THE PROCESS OF SHIPPING 2 CARS OUT TO OZ. YOU CAN PUT IT IN SAME CONTAINER AS HOUSEHOLD CONTENTS.

YOU HAVE A FEW PROBLEMS DUE TO YOUR TIMESCALE...IT TAKES ABOUT FIVE WEEKS TO GET PERMISSION TO IMPORT THE CAR, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ALOUD TO TAKE THE AUDI BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE IN THE UK FOR THE 12 MTH QUALIFING PERIOD PRIOR TO APPLICATION.

ITS WORTH DOING BUT THE PAPERWORK INVOLVED IS LIKE DOING THE WHOLE VISA APPLICATION ALL OVER AND VERY STRESSFULL.... IF YOU DONT HAVE ALOT OF FURNITURE YOU CAN STORE IT IN WITH THE CAR, BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUVE GOT, YOU CAN SEND YOUR CAR IN A 20FOOT CONTAINER FOR ABOUT £1500. TO SEND HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ETC ON ITS OWN IN A 20FOOT CONTAINER IS ABOUT £3700... DONT KNOW WHY ITS CHEAPER!!! YOU NEED TO GET INSURANCE ON TOP ASWELL AT ABOUT 2.5% of value ...... pm me your e mail address and we will send you everything we have on this from the australian government... dont stress you will do it!!! NOTHING GOOD COMES EASY! RACHEL AND MARC

Hi I would be interested in any advice or help you can give, as I'm am wanting to ship some vehicals to Sa,

Kev.