xmas presents and new items in container will i pay tax?

Guest wyles family

Guest wyles family

hello, i am taking xmas presents with me for the kids incase there is not much choice in adelaide and we fly out in october, if i send the parcels in the container or anything new for that matter like towels bedding etc will i pay import tax on top because its new stuff? thanks

Take all packaging off towels bedding etc then just pack as normal , what we did tho is put all of our towels ,bedding , sheets , quilts, pillows, into large vacpac bags , put the hoover on to them to save space, & we put a sticky label on each one so they knew what was inside the bags , no problems & saves mega space in our container , as for xmas pressies would mark on them gifts from family , as ;long as there not mega expensive items I think you will be ok . If you have ! time we washed all of our new stuff before hand also , plenty to think about , good luck best wishes enjoy the experience, well worth the worry !!!!

Guest wyles family

yeah i know there is shops but people say bring bedding as its expensive in adelaide is this the case??? i was going out today to get some bedding for daughters single bed but if there is lots of choice there then i wont bother.... also someone said bring xms presents from argos for little ones as there is not many toy shops, is this the case aswell??? thanks just wana get organized....

dont know if you know this but.. bed sizes are different here too

kmart, bigw & target are good for toys, they have a massive sale around july time where lots of people buy the christmas pressies or put them on layby.. plus we have toys r us too