Flight Via Singapore

Guest jeannie oxford

Guest jeannie oxford

HI, COMING TO ADELAIDE VIA SINGAPORE IN FEB.

GOT APPROX 17 HOURS IN SINGAPORE PRIOR TO CONNECTING TO ADELAIDE. HUBBY FANCIES GOING OUT OF AIRPORT INTO SINGAPORE FOR A FEW HOURS, IS THIS REALISTIC? WHERE COULD/SHOULD WE GO?HOW CAN WE GET THERE, WHAT SORT OF CURRENCY WILL WE NEED ETC.

ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS THAT WE WILL NEED TO SHOWER AND SLEEP AND EAT - NOT REALLY BOTHERED ABOUT SEEING SINGAPORE AS WE NOT GOT THAT LONG THERE- BUT LONG ENOUGH FOR IT TO DRAG IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING. BEING PRACTICAL ID LIKE TO PLAN AHEAD IF POSS AND HAVE A FEW IDEAS TO BAT ABOUT.

ALSO ANY HINTS OR TIPS TO GET US AND OUR 11 YEAR OLD THROUGH THE FLIGHTS.

LASTLY- HONEST! WHAT CAN/SHOULD WE TAKE IN OUR HAND LUGGAGE - ALL I CAN THINK OF AT PRESENT IS SHOWER PRODUCTS AND CLEAN CLOTHES (AND THE NINTENDO OF COURSE)!

JEANNIE :chatterbox:

Guest jellybean3456

Hi Jeannie

that is a long time at changi !!!! we have booked into the plza premium lounge at the iarport about 5 or 6 times now and it's brilliant i think it works out to about 10 pounds per adult not sure about child price . there are showers and beds if you want to sleep as well as a gym and food also as well as free internet . you are quite free to wander around the airport as well which is quite big with loads of shops . also there is a swimming pool in the aiport and bars so i dont think you will be too bored !!!! jellybean

Guest jellybean3456

Hi

thats ok i have found the same we have found peopple really helpful on here. also i meant to say that there are doors from the lounge at the airport where you can stand outside like a terraced are where you can watch the plnes coming in to land and going out great fun for the kids !!!! very relaxed atmosphere in the lounge and to be honest all you need is there really a hot shower a sleep if needs be and there is a bar next door for alcoholic drinks !!!!!

jellybean

You can book up a city tour. They pick you up at the airport show you the sights and than return you back.

My friend says take a towel in your hand lugguage as its nice to have a shower while at singapore airport

Guest stufi1997

Hiya Jeanie, i once stayed in a hotel outside of the airport, after suffering the kareoke act in the bar for 4 hours decided to go walkabout for a bit . Ended up in chinatown at 2 o'clock in the morning eating food out of banana leaves and watching people that never sleep all night... amazing. then after getting lost.(naturally) in climbed on board a tok tok with this lovely smiley old bloke who said he new where my hotel was and peddled me stopping at every shop on the way. Obviously i was'nt getting home until i bought something so i caved in and bought a camera..vewy vewy special price.That was him happy with his commission and litterly took me around the corner to the hotel.must say it was an amazing adventure though... oh yes then back in the room i opened the box to find my canon camera was actually a cannonn camera ..!!!!oh well it did work though. It was also 120% humidity so this time i think i'll try the airport..!...happy travels Stu.

Hi Jeannie

I stayed over in Singapore for a few days in 2005 on route to Adelaide. I just used my credit card, eventually!! My credit card company blocked my card after one use in Singapore. Apparently you need to inform them if you intend to use a credit card outside of the area that you generally use it. They wanted to know when I arrived in Singapore and when I would be leaving Singapore, where else I was going to and what date was I expected to return to UK. This might be obvious but wasn't to me at the time. I found the flight great (Singapore Airlines), food outstanding and movie choices etc enough to kill time. Have a great time, same as previous comments, Singapore Airport is fantastic. If you love your skincare stuff found that SK II stuff was cheap in airport.

Guest jeannie oxford

ive been busy jotting down notes on all your replies inbetween laughing at your story stu! that would be us! thanks for the info re the credit card fiona - i wouldnt have thought of that either.

feel quite happy now instead of nervous. its gonna be a big adventure. thanks everyone. let you know how it went after the trip.

ps do they have hairdryers and ghds (joking)at the airport? do i have to take mine in my bag with an adaptor - cant land in oz with a messy head!! hubby will be shaking his head at this point if he reads this.

a very grateful jeannie x