Shipping boxes when to pay full amount?

Guest pixie7

Bit of a random question but when do we pay for the price of shipping some boxes over? We are looking at Seven seas etc and they state a deposit is payable on booking but just sorting budget out and not sure if we pay full amount when they actually collect boxes or just before the delivery? Anyone help?

Guest BackToAdelaide

We're using PSS and I paid the balance on Friday last week when I booked the collection date, which is tomorrow. Like you, we only paid a small deposit at the start for delivery of the flatpack cartons.

Do you know if you have to pay the $400+ CUSTOMS CLEARANCE on this? We are deliberating to use container or ship a few boxes..... Do you know if they send flat pack bed ? or sofas?

The crates are 18" by 18" by 24".

The bike boxes are huge and will easily fit a 50" LCD tv in with plenty of padding.

Do you know if they send flat pack bed ? or sofas?

I would think it unlikely, at least for the sofa. I asked them about shipping my dutch cargo bike, and they told me they couldn't do that, and it's less than sofa sized, but they're very quick to respond to emails, so no harm asking them.

Guest Opportunities

We requested a quote online for 26 boxes (20 book boxes and 6 tea chest boxes) with Seven Seas and we decided to accept the quote. The deposit you pay, in our case, is roughly 25% of the value of the quote, in order for them to deliver the boxes,bubble wrap,tape etc. Then when they collect your boxes, they will forward the invoice the next day to you and you have to settle the balance in full within 7 days, otherwise there is a further penalty for late payment. The time between delivering our boxes (22/08/11) and collecting the packed boxes (17/10/11), also allows you to save up in the meantime, if you need to.

I have found that they provide excellent customer service, just my opinion!

Good luck!

Karen