Direct Flight.

Guest suejohndan

Guest suejohndan

Hi,

We were just wondering I'm sure I have read somewhere that there is a direct flight to Adelaide from the UK. Does anyone know which airline this is with or am I mistaken.

Cheers

Sue

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There are no non stop flights..yet, to ADL. Most of the time it says direct, but that still means they stop for re fueling. It depends how much you pay as to how long your stop is or indeed when you book, the prices and seats are given in bands of about 6 weeks I think, going up in price as the seats sell. Some flights can have less than an hour turnaround at the first stop

sarah

Guest cornish Busdriver

We done a direct flight last june with Quantas.

First stop Bangcock for about 30 minutes

Second stop Sydney for about 2 hours

Third stop ADELAIDE and very knackerd at the end of it.

Dont fly BA the meals and personal are CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP

• 1 month later...
Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Sue, I have been told that singapore is the best airlines to Oz. I know you said you want to fly direct but my, mrs have been checking this out as we have 2 young kids ,ok 3 if you include me?. And she told me that a stop over , for a family of 4 is about is £40-£50, per night in a stop over hotel?. what that is like god only knows?.So check out your options, all the best and good luck?..

Paul

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I think Paul is talking about the Changi hotel or something like that in Singapore. If so then we stayed there on the way over.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

We chose to get to Adelaide as quick as we could although many people choose to have a few days in Singapore on the way over or elsewhere. When we went to Brissie a couple of years ago, we went with Emirates (utter disaster) and had stops in Dubai and Singapore.

Anyway, it was lovely, next stop up from a Travelodge type thing. Clean, double bed, ensuite with shower and bath, TV, phone, sockets to recharge your phone, chairs, tea, coffee. What I didn't realise just how much I would value it was the fact that I could close the door and have some privacy. OMG - I was able to lie down, have a stretch, and sleep in a bed for a few hours.

We're doing it again. This room I think can only be booked in blocks of 6 hours but a new transit hotel is opening called Crown Plaza which can be booked in 12 hour blocks. Going there on the way back from UK.

Libby

Guest Rob and Clare

I thought the definition of a direct flight was you stay with the same aircraft the whole journey, some Virgin / BA and Quantas flights do this to melbourne / sydney (i know they still have to refuel), if i'm right (and i'm not sure) then there are no airlines that fly direct to adelaide, but rather use their airport as a hub to transfer you to the next flight. If you get a short stay in the airport and your first flight is delayed then it is possible to miss the connecting flight, we once had an hours connection in Brisbane from an Emirates flight, to a quantas internal flight, we had to run with the suitcases to a connecting train and pursuade the check in desk to let us board. On the return flight with Emirates the cross over in dubai was also very short, too short in fact for our luggage to come with us.

So just be careful with the short airport conenctions.... but i do appreciate we were a little unlucky.

Singapore airline flights are rarely delayed unless due to weather. To get to Adelaide you do have to change planes, because the direct into Adelaide flights use smaller planes. The flights from England may land around 6am in Singapore and the flights to Adealide leave at just before midnight so you have 18 hours. Changi is brilliant and the transit hotels where you have the room for 6 hours aregood value, I think a 3 brd one was about $80. I did hear that there were going to be two flights a day now, though which would mean arriving here in the afternoon. The good thing about Singapore airlines is the Adelaide flight only goes to Adelaide, not wasting time going via Perth, sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne. One flight I went on( philipino airlines) went Melbourne( had to fly here on domestic), Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Manila (change planes), Bahrain, Hamburg then into GATWICK, which meant train to London, cross London in taxi to Euston, miss train to Liverpool, Get next train 4 hrs later. Finally arrive about 6pm eyes rolling in head. Hubby made it to pub, In-laws oohed and ahhed over Thomas(5 month old) and I crashed. Thank God for Singapore airlines... when I returned 2 yrs later it was possible to fly London - Singapore nonstop.

Guest soggy

my singapore flight from london, left uk at about 10pm, arrived singapore about 6.30pm and left about 5 1/2 hours later, just enough time for a shower and massage in the lounge and a meal, arrived Adelaide at just after 9 am. I think I prefer not to extend the jorney by staying longer at singapore, but maybe I would if I had young kids with me.

Simon