Buying Used Car HELP!!

Guest nic-manchester

Guest nic-manchester

Hello all I know there are posts on here but cant seem to find anything in a rush!!!

Going to look at a 2005 Nissan Xtrail done 155km up for $10500 think it is reasonable, I know there is stamp duty to pay $60 plus 3% over $3k, apart from general condition of car is there anything else i need to look at, like in UK you might do a HPI check for outstanding finance and it would tell you if it had been in a accident s there anything like that here.

What is all thie stuff about road worthyness tests and AA approved tests? sorry call me blonde cause i am but any help would be grately appreciated from all you lovely helpful people, better still are there any mechanics on here who are local to Christies Beach who if i crossed their palm with silver might be interested in a once over???

Cheers Nicola

Hello all I know there are posts on here but cant seem to find anything in a rush!!!

Going to look at a 2005 Nissan Xtrail done 155km up for $10500 think it is reasonable, I know there is stamp duty to pay $60 plus 3% over $3k, apart from general condition of car is there anything else i need to look at, like in UK you might do a HPI check for outstanding finance and it would tell you if it had been in a accident s there anything like that here.

What is all thie stuff about road worthyness tests and AA approved tests? sorry call me blonde cause i am but any help would be grately appreciated from all you lovely helpful people, better still are there any mechanics on here who are local to Christies Beach who if i crossed their palm with silver might be interested in a once over???

Cheers Nicola

Hi Nicola,

You can try MD Autos, they are in Aldinga, they do a mechanical check for $99 (which is same as the RAA do) - you would have to arrange to get vehicle to them, Mick is a member on here, good luck.

Julie

Guest Guest5035

155kms, 6 years old, 25k a year, $10.5 is a good price but high kms though, check the services done and if there are any receipts to back up the services done, when was the last one done. Do get a mechanic to give it a look, but remember any test done is only valid for that time of day, you could drive it away and it breaks down tough. What are the tyre treads like, you'll be up for $200 each on replacement.

Stevo

Guest nic-manchester
155kms, 6 years old, 25k a year, $10.5 is a good price but high kms though, check the services done and if there are any receipts to back up the services done, when was the last one done. Do get a mechanic to give it a look, but remember any test done is only valid for that time of day, you could drive it away and it breaks down tough. What are the tyre treads like, you'll be up for $200 each on replacement.

Stevo

Hi Steve 4 good tyres and ge was a pom so got chatting tbh seemed really genuine, high miles cause was a government car but been serviced by them since new til 18 months ago and they have just ad it done at 150k had cam belt done seen receipt been TFT from Victoria was my only consideration but the couple from mt gambier all seems genuine

Hi Nic.

I have been busy with my courier job I didnt have much look with the building side but to be honest Its worked out well.

I am in this morning its not a hard job and just radio in when I leave the house.

I think the building jobs will pick up after xmas is over or so everyone says.

We are having a BBq today with a family from Uk that we have meet.

Your more than welcome to come if you have the time.

I will pm the address and phone number.

Good luck with the car.

Guest nic-manchester

Hi Trevor

Good about courriering, Nathan looking at bunnings temp til after Xmas as a trade advisor, no luck on sites but tbh not tried that hard yet just need a bit of money coming, we hopefully looking to move to shiedow park/ Hallet cove area viewing again today kids getting fed up now!

If I hear out or Nathan gets fixed up I will forwardcyour number

Nicola

Guest Guest5035
Hi Steve 4 good tyres and ge was a pom so got chatting tbh seemed really genuine, high miles cause was a government car but been serviced by them since new til 18 months ago and they have just ad it done at 150k had cam belt done seen receipt been TFT from Victoria was my only consideration but the couple from mt gambier all seems genuine

now you mention all that , it sounds good.

stevo

Hi Nicola,

Im more than welcome to check over the X trail for you :) They are a good little 4x4 and parts are cheap and easily availiable, but sounds like a good price for a 2005 with service history just be careful if they offer you a warranty most are not worth the paper they are wrote on lol, so have a good look on what is covered on the policy.

PM me if you want my mobile number.

Mick

Thanks for the recommendation Trevor and Julie :)

Guest nic-manchester

Cheers mick done road check on it all clear no finance, no crash mileage legit honestly seemed great guy, hope it turns out that wAypi picked it up runs lovelyalways good to know a helpful mechanic will bear you in mind when we get second car thanks

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Im more than welcome to check over the X trail for you :) They are a good little 4x4 and parts are cheap and easily availiable, but sounds like a good price for a 2005 with service history just be careful if they offer you a warranty most are not worth the paper they are wrote on lol, so have a good look on what is covered on the policy.

PM me if you want my mobile number.

Mick

Thanks for the recommendation Trevor and Julie :)

will be moving that way 2012 looking to live in Aldinga too, so its good to know a good mechanic is around, will need a car rather promptly, will be staying in seaford with friends at first. will keep you in mind