car insurance for hiring a car for 3 week holiday

Guest css

Ive just been trying to book a car for our 3 week stay in adelaide next week and the carhire company we've been looking at carhire 3000 are adertising insurance for £8 per day,im thinking this is very high,is this a normal price in oz or is there anywhere else offering better prices,dont really kow how it all works,Clare:unsure:

Hi there :) I've moved this to transport for you.

I recall a few members recommending a car hire place on here but can't recall the name of it off the top of my head. I'll try to dig up the info on it and post back later. Also I am sure once the Aus side awakens a few people will be along with suggestions for you.

Is this a holiday reccie trip? :) and enjoy. Look forward to hearing about it. This time of year I start to miss a but of warmth and sunlight and have to hear from family about all their summer weather :P

Guest railman2404
Ive just been trying to book a car for our 3 week stay in adelaide next week and the carhire company we've been looking at carhire 3000 are adertising insurance for £8 per day,im thinking this is very high,is this a normal price in oz or is there anywhere else offering better prices,dont really kow how it all works,Clare:unsure:

One thing you need to watch with car hire insurance is the excess they charge. This is where they offer extra insurance to help reduce the excess.

We booked our car with cartrawler.com they quote £4.97 a day excess insurance.

This covers

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #C7E0FB][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #C7E0FB]

Our policy covers

tickbullet_small.pngExcess up to £ 2,000

tickbullet_small.pngWindows

tickbullet_small.pngTyres

tickbullet_small.pngUndercarriage

tickbullet_small.pngRoof

tickbullet_small.pngLoss of keys

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi,thankyou so much ,appreciate it.This is a recci.we are coming to activate our visas.We've had our house up for sale for nearly 6 months now and its only this keeping us from finally emigrtaing after 4 long year of waiting.Cant wait to get there,staying in port noarlunga for 3 weeks arriving on the 4th.Thas again Clare,Tim and kiddi winks :-)

Guest tinkham_lee

I highly recommend budget car hire http://www.budget.com.au we have used them a couple of times personally and visiting family have used them too. very reasonable prices, new and well maintained cars, quick key handover and we have never had a problem with them. they have depots at the airport, Reynella, and up north somewhere.

We are hiring via carhire 3000 but didn't take the extra excess cover. The excesses in Oz are much higher than in Europe. We covered it instead with an annual excess cover policy from carhireexcess.com. Cost £49 for a full year worldwide. Cheaper than the cover from Carhire and we can use it for other trips during the year too.