Need to get rid of your house stuff?

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

Didn't know where to put this, so shoved it here :D

Massive bit of advice for people - if you are struggling to get rid of your household things in the run up when you leave the UK and want them gone at the last minute, pop them on Gumtree. Just put the washer, dryer and fridge/freezer on Gumtree, within 5 mins had had 2 phone calls, and a guy at the door wanting to take them, as well as *anything* else we had in the house - including stuff I was just going to put in the skip as it is so so manky and horrid.

So if you need to get rid of things in a hurry towards the end, Gumtree for the win!

Hurrah, another couple of hundred in our pockets, and the thought of entering Oz with a load of dirty pants now, as my washing machine will be gone in the AM (and I had to bargain for that, as I still need to wash loads of clothes and my teddy bear, or they won't let us in the country for having nasty biological weapons of mass destruction in the case of Ivan the bear....)

Guest Adelaide_bound

I was fine - then half my tooth fell out at dinner and I am kacking my pants (I am SO scared of the dentist its not funny - went last week or something and my whole body shakes uncontrollably I'm so scared) and still have lurgy and sitting here sobbing - god I'm pathetic lol

Hubby is a bit of a stress ball, but then I've done this before (I moved to NZ just as we met) and he hasn't so its all a bit different for him I guess.

Just don't want to see the blooming dentist, and for the head cold to go and I will be fine :D

Guest Adelaide_bound

tell me about it! lol

Fingers crossed (or not really!) that I can get an appointment tomorrow, or don't think I will be able to see him - argh.....

Thanks, will stop being a baby in a minute lol

Guest Helchops

Aww, I can't believe we're going to have to get used to you not being around for a bit :( !

When I was 14 a girl threw a rock at my face and broke my front teeth into bits. All that reconstruction, root fillings etc made me even more nervous!

I used to get put to sleep at the dentists I developed that much of a Phobia but luckily the last few times have been a clean & polish.

I think it stems from when I was very little, the dentist lay me back on his leather chair (creepy enough aged 7) shon his big light in my mouth and said "I'm just going to look" then proceeded to twist a back tooth out without any warning at all.

Hey, pop a couple of diazapam, ask for the gas & air and enjoy it!

I don't think this post has helped...

(Dan)

Guest Adelaide_bound

I don't think this post has helped...

(Dan)

LOL - it did make me feel a little queasy and wobbly at the 'root' part, but appreciate the sentiment - just waiting for the dentist to open so I can call them now...ho hum.....

Guest Adelaide_bound
wish i had known you wanted to sell some stuff im desperate for any kind of furniture or kitchen stuff as im moving to my long term rental in 2 weks and all i have is the clothes we own .

Don't think it would have been much help - we are in Coventry in the UK, a bit far from Christies Beach lol.

Guest MasterEales
Don't think it would have been much help - we are in Coventry in the UK, a bit far from Christies Beach lol.

we have put stuff on gumtree and yes you get alot of calls about the stuff you put on.

haha someone from coventry...glad to see the back of cov when we leave! :)