• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Suitcase shipping airfreight - anyone done?

Seacliff park
      75 times
      I flew with Singapore airlines and was 35kilos over...( this was on top of the 40kilos allowance each) ... the check in girl said I would be charged for excess baggage, but then went & spoke to her supervisor, came back & told me that they would allow it to go through!!!

I was in tears as I checked in, which was down to saying goodbye to everyone.. maybe she felt sorry for me!!!

Have you got anyone taking you to the airport who could get it sent to you if they wont let it through??? Not sure how difficult this would be but maybe worth taking a chance to see if they let it through and have a back up plan (packed case of things you dont need urgently that could be shipped??)

Felixstow, NE burb :) Heaven!
      588 times
      Well, we ended up shipping 2 sort-of-suitcases, total of 37 kilos, although they weren't that bothered about the weight. We left on Tues, arrived Weds, our baggage left yesterday and arrived today, so we are possibly picking it up tomorrow. It cost 366 to ship and the AQIS charges are $86, so about 61.

Apart from the very stroppy, rude and pain in the bottom Excess baggage check in girl (you go to the counter and pay for it and do the paperwork, and then go down to the check in and security counter), who I actually shouted at in the end, she was so rude, unhelpful and just really horrid at a time you need assistance, not more problems, but apart from that it was all very simple - will report back if it was completely painless when we pick up the bags, and see if it is all there or not lol.

Monty - you are so so lucky then - our check in girl was SO horrid, there was some sort of problem with the Perth leg of our flight, and she just stopped checking us in and started fiddling with her security passes for about 15 mins until we couldn't fiddle with our bags anymore or nervously chatter to one anoher any longer and I had to ask if there was some kind of problem with the flights etc or something, and she just said 'not really, just an issue with checking you in for the Perth section', which she could have done at the beginning as it sort of freaked us out. She didn't smile once - not when I said we were ultra excited as it was a migration as well as our honeymoon. Horrid old trout lol.
      Our 33,000km ish trip around Oz - have a look here (also good for tips on equipment and holiday places ) Our moving and living here blog :)

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12