Shipping tools by air

huggesy

A quick question about shipping, my partner is a mechanic and we are moving out April 2013 obviously he wants to work as close to the move as possible, he plans to keep a skeleton tool box to keep him going at work for a few weeks after we have arranged shipping.

The question is ....... obviously the rest of the tool box will be shipped in a container which is going to be a wait before it arrives, so anyone had any experience of shipping tools by air? As this would allow him to start work (if he can find work) before the container arrives with the rest of the tools.:err:

Guest ebstar

My oh decided not to airfrieght due to the cost as it was almost as much as shipping all our personal stuff. The best option may be to put a few of your "i can't do without tools" in your luggage and then buy a cheap basic tool box when you arrive. The guys out here are more than happy for you to borrow what you need while waiting for the rest to arrive. That's really something in itself as you guys get quite protective of your tools! Good luck.